Veterinary Technician - Payson Pet Care
- 1010 N Beeline Hwy, Payson, AZ 85541, USA
- Location: Payson, AZ
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Payson Pet Care, we employ the most exceptional veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We nurture working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
Sign-on Bonus paid at 90 days of employment:
$1000 for licensed VT
$750 for non-licensed with experience
$500 all others (no experience)
Check us out on Facebook!
The ideal candidate is a well-experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician. You are not required to have a CVT/RVT, but if you are on that track and want to have some of the best Technicians in the business helping you, this is the job for you. This is a highly collaborative environment.
The Veterinary Technician is the veterinarian's primary medical support. You will assist the doctor throughout the examination, diagnosis, and treatment phases of appointments. You aid the veterinarians in achieving higher efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail and have a very significant role in communicating with and educating clients about their pet's medical needs and wellbeing.
Responsibilities will include:
- EXPERIENCED AT or WILL LEARN TO DO:
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate a patient (Licensed VT only).
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support out other team members as needed.
- Show excellent client communication and telephone skills.
- Must efficiently be able to read, speak, and write in English.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills.
- Handle multiple unrelated tasks, simultaneously.
- Administer injections, perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animal, and accurately restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment.
- Dispense treatments/medications intravenously, orally, and subcutaneously.
- Small animal hospital, work in front and back of the hospital, high level of client interaction, exposure to x-rays, and anesthetic gases with the proper protective measure.
- Potential for exposure to zoonotic diseases and positive hazardous materials.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Mentorship / Training
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid licensing fees, CE's and professional dues
- Insurance: Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Relocation assistance
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.