Veterinary Technician - Buckner Animal Clinic
- 2730 S Buckner Blvd, Dallas, TX 75227, USA
- Location: Dallas, TX
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Buckner Animal Clinic in east Dallas, both AAHA-accredited clinics, we employ the finest veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet accurate attention and keep clients well-informed.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, must be available to work Saturdays.
We are seeking a well-experienced Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinics. The candidate will have an outstanding attitude and be proficient in providing support to our team of veterinarians while delivering the best service to our clients. The Veterinary Technician will lead and naturally implement to our group's cultural tenets and work in a team environment.
Included necessary skills should be placing catheters, drawing blood, assisting with surgery and exceptional customer service. This can be an extremely fast paced hospital especially with our vaccine clinic
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol.
- Support veterinarians in procedures using accurate restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients.
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique.
- Maintain and use equipment such as IDEXX Procyte/CatalystOne and autoclave.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses in hematology, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis.
- Monitor patients under anesthesia.
- Induce anesthesia and intubate a patient.
- Coordinate treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form.
- Initiate emergency procedures; triage patients.
- Maintain pharmacy records, and controlled drug, anesthesia logs.
- Take radiographs, with knowledge of accurate positioning and techniques.
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration.
- Perform dental cleanings.
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies.
- Perform catheterization- urinary and venous.
- Complete anal gland expression, ear cleanings, and nail trims
- Assist in maintaining and preparing records, consent forms, other documents.
- Support out other team members as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Required to be at work when scheduled and be timely.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.