Veterinary Technician - Animal Clinic of LaPorte
- 10906 Spencer Hwy, La Porte, TX 77571, USA
- Location: La Porte, TX
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
Animal Clinic of LaPorte in LaPorte, TX cultivates a collaborative, authentic, and compassionate culture Every member of our team contributes toward an important mission and vision, making a difference in the lives of pets and their people.
We have been serving the LaPorte area for the last 30 years and focus on employing the finest veterinary professionals to care for our patients. We are AAHA accredited and are committed to the highest standards in veterinary medicine and provide educational opportunities for all of our staff.
Animal Clinic of LaPorte is committed to educating our clients on the best preventative and medical care options to keep their pets happy and healthy, year-round. We stay informed on the latest advances in veterinary technology and above all, remember that all animals and pets are to be treated with loving care in every check-up, procedure, or surgery. We truly treat all pets like they are our own.
We are currently seeking a Veterinary Technician to join our fast-paced clinic and team. The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on crafting an outstanding customer experience and take pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish an efficient movement of patients and clients through appointments. You will ensure communication with clients is clear and understood; including phone, texting, and email. You should be able to work independently and provide support to coworkers and veterinarians.
You may also be tasked to assist as the Customer Service Representative in which you will identify the client's needs, clarify information, keep records of all conversations in our database, research information, and provide solutions to problems. You will seize opportunities to recommend additional products and services when they arise and responsible for processing financial transactions.
Schedule: Full-time, must be available to work Saturdays and holidays if the clinic is open.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a clinical setting.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) highly preferred.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Experience with Cornerstone preferred.
- Efficiently and accurately relaying medical information related to clients regarding their pets.
- Assist in animal restraint.
- Execute treatment plans as directed by the veterinarian.
- Pre- and post-operative care.
- Triage patients.
- Discharge patients.
- Taking radiographs.
- Assisting in surgery and anesthetic monitoring.
- IV catheter placement.
- Running diagnostic lab tests.
- Accurately administering medications.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.