Veterinary Assistant - Independent Hill Veterinary Clinic
- Historic District, 13444 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, VA 20112, USA
- Location: Manassas, VA
- Job Family: Hospital
- Department: Operations
At Independent Hill Veterinary Clinic in Manassas, VA, is a full-service veterinary practice specializing in healthcare for small animals and is seeking a part-time Veterinary Assistant. We employ the most exceptional veterinary professionals to deliver high-quality medical services while promoting a culture of compassion and authenticity. We cultivate working environments and cultures for every hospital staff member, making sure they have the resources to give every pet proper attention and keep clients well-informed.
Check us out on Facebook!
As the Veterinary Assistant, you are a vital member of the hospital team who supports and assists the veterinarians and veterinary technicians, ensuring the safety of pets, clients, and other associates, while providing the continuity of quality veterinary care. The successful candidate will be a believer in high-quality veterinary medicine and patient. In this position, you will be supporting the team by crafting a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients.
You may also be tasked to assist as the Customer Service Representative in which you will identify the client's needs, clarify information, keep records of all conversations in our database, research information, and provide solutions to problems. You will seize opportunities to recommend additional products and services when they arise and responsible for processing financial transactions.
Schedule: Full-time. Available to work on weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Work well independently and in a group.
- Professional appearance required; scrubs are to be worn at all times.
- Build balanced relationships and engage customers by going above and beyond.
- Passion for learning and growing.
- Excellent communication with clients is clear and understood, including phone, texting, and email.
- Be able to work independently and provide support to coworkers and veterinarians.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 47 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.