Associate ER Veterinarian - Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates
- 120 E Cornwell Ln, Purcellville, VA 20132, USA
- Location: Purcellville, VA
- Job Family: DVM
- Department: Operations
Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates is a ten doctor practice in Purcellville, VA (an hour from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD), and an excellent 24-hour hospital. For over 30 years, our staff has helped thousands of pets, including dogs, cats, and exotics, and large mixed animals live healthier, happier, and longer-lasting lives. We see everything from routine puppy visits to complex surgical and internal medicine cases, including emergencies. We also work extensively with rescue organizations.
We offer wellness visits, surgical procedures, emergency and urgent care, reproduction services, blood bank services, acupuncture and alternative medicine, and dental care.
- In-house laboratory services, fully stocked pharmacy, and on-site blood bank.
- MRI, ECG, digital dental radiography, and ultrasound.
- Reproduction consultation (ICSB).
Check us out on Facebook!
We are seeking an Associate Emergency Veterinarian to join our team of dedicated clinicians to support the needs of Purcellville and the surrounding areas. If you love being around animals and are committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we want to meet you!
You will see a full range of surgical procedures, including orthopedic surgery, routine, and emergency soft tissue surgery such as foreign body, C-sections, cystotomy, and many others. In addition to emergency care, we also provide overnight monitoring for local veterinary clinics.
- 2+ years of proven experience.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, active VA license, or ability to attain a VA license.
- Experience conducting different types of surgeries, vaccinations, and health checks on animals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language.
- Availability to take evening or weekend shifts in cases of emergency.
As an employee, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, training, and career growth opportunities. Need to move? Don't change employers; move with us.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Schedules to Balance Work, Life, and Family
- Maternity and Paternity
- Mentorship / Training
- Licensing fees, CE and professional dues
- Medical, vision, dental, and more
- Paid-time off (full-time employees)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (for New Hires and Internal Mobility)
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by PetWell Partners. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. We are a fast-growing and the first AAHA accredited network of veterinary hospitals. We currently operate over 45 hospitals across eight states with over 725 employees.
PetWell Partners is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. PetWell Partners is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.