iOS Software Engineer
- 489 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Perry Street Software is Jack’d and SCRUFF. We are two of the world’s largest gay, bi, trans and queer social dating apps on iOS and Android. Our brands reach more than 20 million members worldwide so members can connect, meet and express themselves on a platform that prioritizes privacy and security.
Perry Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We are hiring experienced iOS developers to help us build the next-generation version of Scruff and Jack’d. We are a small, agile, nimble company, so the ability to make an impact is significant. The position is permanent and full-time.
What you'll do:
- Develop with the latest technologies in evolving the architecture for current and future needs in order to develop innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
- Work in an agile team with Product, Design, Support, and Marketing to respond to our users needs
- Help develop solutions end to end, from the design, to requirements, coding, refactoring, delivering, and maintenance
- Be a good communicator with both a local and remote team
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of software development experience
- 1+ year of iOS app development experience
- Experience using design and architecture patterns
- Strong knowledge of Swift with the iOS SDK
- Experience using ReactiveSwift
- Good sense of usability and product for mobile apps
- Strong sense of ownership, ability to work independently, and proven track record of driving products
- Shipped consumer iOS apps, ideally available on App Store
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Kotlin
- Full stack knowledge of technologies like Ruby, SQL, Linux, React Native, and AWS would be highly desirable
- Experience with advanced animations
- Experience with MVVM architectures
- Data-driven mindset
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.