Convivialité Ventures Associate
- San Francisco, CA
Convivialité Ventures is a newly created Corporate Ventures arm of the Pernod Ricard Group, the 2nd largest wine & spirits group in the world with a market capitalization of $30B. Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector including: Absolut vodka, Chivas Regal, Jameson Irish whiskey, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, and Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes. Pernod Ricard vision is “Créateur de Convivialité” and animated by a group of 18,000 passionate people. We are committed to our mission: facilitating the pleasure and energy of sharing a great moment or experience together. We call that Conviviality.
In 2012, we created the Breakthrough Innovation Group, BIG. This is a small team whose goal is to internally develop new products and services that will disrupt the way people socialize and entertain together. In 2017, we are expanding this activity by introducing Convivialité Ventures, based in San Francisco. Our mission is to partner and invest, beyond beverages, in startups providing services and experiences redefining the future of “Conviviality”.
The Associate will conduct sourcing, due diligence and analysis of potential Convivialité Ventures investments and support the leadership team in developing investment recommendations. The Associate will help support the ongoing influx of potential investment opportunities, will represent Convivialité Ventures at various events in the hospitality industry, venture and startup ecosystems, and will build a strong network to source potential investments and support portfolio companies. The Associate must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment, and actively contribute to the development of Convivialité Ventures.
- Conduct investment research, financial analysis and modeling of potential investments
- Develop in-depth assessment of business plans and investment proposals to determine business model viability, industry attractiveness and strategic fit
- Participate in due diligence process with potential investments
- Develop investment recommendations and supporting documents
- Develop an independent, value-added perspective on investment discussions
- Build strong relationships within the venture and startup ecosystems to source potential investments
- Build strong relationships with relevant Pernod Ricard departments
- Communicate with senior leaders in potential investment companies
- Support investment committee meetings
- Represent Convivialité Ventures at venture, industry and startup events
- Support portfolio companies
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in business or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in consumer products or related fields
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial modeling skills including the ability to analyze and model company financials
- Experience in Venture Capital or Investment Banking strongly preferred
- Corporate Development or Management Consulting experience a plus
- Available for occasional overnight travel
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-team environment
- Ability to work to deadlines with quick turnaround
- Able to pass a relevant background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.