Direct Support Staff $15-18$ HIRING IMMEDITELY!!
- MD-198, Laurel, MD, USA
Perfect Staffing Solutions, LLC is a leading staffing company serving the Washington DC metro area. With many years of experience in the Healthcare, I.T., and Administrative industries, we strive to continue to provide “perfect” services to both job seeking professionals and hiring organizations.
Direct Support Staff / Home Health Aide is responsible for the care of developmentally and/or physically challenged clients in a group home / residential setting.
Summary of Work
Activities associated with the job include providing assistance with daily living skills, monitoring the use of medications, transporting clients to various functions and assisting with the preparation of meals. Incumbents are responsible for the safety and care of all clients under their supervision at all times and documenting the daily activities of clients and progress toward established goals. Job related duties and responsibilities require considerable patience and understanding, the ability to react quickly and appropriately to unpredictable circumstances, and good interpersonal, organizational and decision making skills. Job performance is evaluated by the House Manager through review of work related decisions, ability to interact successfully with clients and their families, and the accuracy and thoroughness of required documentation. Job related activities are subject to annual state audits.
Duties of Work
1. Assists with teaching, supervising and counseling clients in assigned tasks related to the attainment of goals established in the client’s Individual Support Plan.
2. Assists with the administration of prescribed medications and document medications taken on a daily basis.
3. Participates in housekeeping duties and ensures that each client maintains appropriate and proper hygiene practices.
4. Assists with daily living skills and interacts with clients in an appropriate and responsive manner.
5. Engages clients in recreational activities such as games, sports, arts and crafts, etc.
6. Plans and participates in special occasions such as birthdays, holidays, picnics, etc.
7. Assists with planning menus and the preparation and clean-up of daily meals.
8. Interacts with clients to determine needs and assist with making progress toward established socialization goals.
9. Deals with emotional outbursts and occasionally unpredictable behavior in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
10. Complies with all reporting requirements related to Incident Management and Abuse/Mistreatment regulations and guidelines.
11. Maintains and updates records of all assigned programmatic and financial activities including daily logs, expense summaries, progress notes, monthly reports, or other reports or information requested by the supervisor and submits in a timely and accurate manner.
12. Performs related duties as required.
Requirements of Work
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED program supplemented with additional training in working with mentally and/or physically disabled individuals; experience working in a group home setting; ability to interact successfully with special needs clients; good organizational and decision making skills; ability to document daily client activities and observations in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
Current CPR certification AND First Aid certification required. Reference check, Skills testing and Background check will be conducted before hire. If selected, job-related trainings are implemented and required within 60 days of hire.
All employees must pass a standard criminal background check.