Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than +35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
Who Are We Looking For...
The Senior Accountant is a leader in the Finance Department, providing decision support to other departments and key executives as well as guidance inside the Finance team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is a vital link between the day-to-day transactional details and the key decision makers charged with executing strategy.
- Review weekly AP aging and work with AP Manager to select invoices for payment based on to credit terms while considering cash flow projections; Prepare weekly vendor payments ACH batch for approval by Controller.
- Work with AR Manager to prepare rolling 12-week cashflow forecast each week, focusing on the cash payments piece, while understanding the whole process.
- Responsible for developing and managing cost accounting and the standard cost process, day-to-day cost analysis, Bill of Materials (“BOMs”), and variance analysis; including, detailed analysis of purchase price variances and excess and obsolete inventory.
- Maintain data integrity for standard costing; this includes bi-annual cost revaluations, data maintenance, reconciling NetSuite system to cost ledger, and working cross-functionally to understand and optimally communicate impact.
- Develops, maintains, and performs complex calculations and detailed analysis to support operational and strategic plans, operating budgets, modeling, and other benchmarks.
- Weekly three-way match reconciliation of co-manufacturer invoices.
- Bi-weekly review and processing of internal expense reports in expense reporting software.
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Corporate Visa card administrator: responsible for setting up new cards, closing cards, ensuring all transactions are coded and approved timely in expense reporting software, monthly account reconciliation, and other tasks.
- Calculate and file period state excise/property tax returns, subject to Accounting Manager or Controller review.
- GL accounting for payroll and preparation of bi-weekly analysis reports.
- Support AR manager in deduction management, if needed.
- Perform other ad hoc analysis and reporting as requested by management.
- Develop a personal habit of identifying and proposing process improvements.
- Accept responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Finance department.
Month End duties:
- Journal entries and accruals for prepaids, depreciation, compensation, inventory in-transit, AP, freight, travel, and various other items.
- Reconciliation of inventory in NetSuite system. Review reports submitted by Operations team to validate any variances over the determined threshold. Prepare inventory upload to NetSuite.
- Perform various balance sheet reconciliations and responsible for ensuring completeness and accuracy of GL reconciliation package before submitting to Controller for review and sign-off.
- Preparation of financial statement analysis report for review by Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Controller with investigation of P&L anomalies identified in the close process
Skills / Qualification / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
- 3-5 years of related work experience; Corporate Accounting experience strongly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems and related technologies
- Experience in manufacturing, wholesaling, and/or consumer goods industry with strong understanding of inventory costing
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls; CPA and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are required
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with expense reporting software such as Abacus or similar
- Experience with state tax in food industry and Avalara tax software a plus
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well in uncertainty and can establish effective, scalable, and repeatable processes
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Compensation Range: $90-95k (DOE)
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k Eligible
Local, San Diego Candidates preferred. Must live in the US to be considered
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you!
We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?