Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Who Are We Looking For...
The Director of FP&A is a key member of the Leadership Team and is responsible for the overall financial integrity and performance of the business. This role assumes accountability for the achievement of operating goals and strategic objectives by providing sound financial forecasting, accounting, and performance management. This role assumes primary responsibility for driving effective P&L processes and monitoring results through strategically driven decision making. It provides critical oversight to business performance, variance identification, corrective action tracking, and ongoing priority setting to achieve profitable growth and retention.
This role will execute the strategy set by the Senior Leadership Team and will create pipelines and business plans, manage risks and opportunities, and make trade-offs to deliver on targets. Partnering with the business to provide critical financial perspective and insight for business strategies and decisions to help them make data-driven decisions in pursuit of their objectives under the strategic growth plan.
In addition, you will support the finance function and the talent goals of the organization by building a high-performing team and driving efficiencies to foster a mindset of continuous improvement within the Finance team.
Who Is Perfect Snacks...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
Financial Analysis & Reporting
• Provide key strategic decision support to CFO and senior leadership team with insight on financial performance, profitability KPIs, and other non-financial KPIs.
• Head up financial reporting processes, collaborating with Controller as a key stakeholder.
• Key point of contact with corporate parent.
• Present recurring and ad hoc analyses to senior leadership team and corporate parent in support of strategic growth plan.
• Prepare variance analyses of actuals to forecast and budget, explain, and investigate material and/or unusual discrepancies, and understand key business drivers.
• Implement and maintain financial reporting systems, collaborating with Manager of Business Systems Analysis.
Planning & Forecasting
• Develop and maintain financial models as key inputs to recurring forecasting and budgeting processes.
• Lead the annual budget and forecast processes for the organization, including alignment across departments and parent company, establishing efficient and effective processes that drive quality and accuracy and utilizing the opportunity to provide better analytics and insights.
• Establish use of predictive insights and modern forecasting methodologies to drive improved accuracy and predictability (e.g. rolling forecasts, scenario planning).
Business Partnership & Leadership
• Lead strategic initiatives across multiple functions to improve profitability and achieve/outperform AOP goals.
• Act as a trusted business partner and create an environment to both challenge and support leaders with sound financial guidance and strategic insights.
• Build out the new strategic finance function by hiring, managing, and developing 1-3 direct reports.
• Apply a continuous improvement mindset with the ability to embrace outside/in thinking that advances the organization’s agenda and lead implementation of process improvements.
• Provide key inputs to estimate accruals in support of month end process, and step in elsewhere as needed at month end.
• Provide leadership and expertise to the department and to the greater organization in all areas of finance/accounting and financial systems.
• Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new
opportunities within the Finance department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or other relevant field (MBA a plus).
• 10+ years of relevant finance experience, including experience in finance & strategy in a corporate environment.
• Experience with creating and utilizing BI tools and Hyperion for Planning and Forecasting preferred.
• Proven track record delivering exceptional results through a high performing team and driving results beyond the finance function.
• Outstanding leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. Proven as an experienced, confident, and mature manager and business partner.
• Experience leading, developing, and growing a team.
• Exceptional judgement and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels.
• Demonstrated experience leading complex, cross-functional workstreams.
• Excellent proficiency in accounting and corporate finance concepts.
• Familiarity with financial planning processes and business systems such as NetSuite.
• Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical.
• Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team.
• Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback.
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with all levels of management.
• Prior experience in partnering to drive transformation within commercial organizations
Compensation: $120k - $140k / Year DOE
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k Eligible
Must live in the US to be considered
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you!
We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?