Social Media and Content Manager
Who Are We Looking For...
We’re looking for a passionate social media guru to join the Perfect Bar marketing team! In this role, you will own all things organic social media and content, leading the strategy, ideation, creation and evaluation of owned social media and blog. You’ll have your finger at the pulse of social media trends and lead efforts to grow and engage our passionate community. This role will have direct, frequent interaction with our incredible co-founder, Leigh Keith, and will partner with her to collaborate on organic content representing our brand.
Who Is Perfect Snacks...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
- Own the planning, conceptualization, creation, posting and community management across all Perfect Bar owned accounts, including Instagram (In-Feed, Stories, Reels), Tik Tok, Pinterest and Twitter
- Own the Perfect Bar blog, The Hive, with at least monthly content updates with content relevant to growing and delighting our community
- Work closely with our co-founder (at least in person 1x a week) to support and curate content together
- Expand and engage the social community with community management, daily listening, maintenance, conversation, and monitoring across platforms, with a particular focus on Instagram.
- Ensure messaging and brand voice are consistent with brand objectives / visual identity and while also aligning to platform best-practices and trends
- Write engaging and compelling copy, with the ability to tell stories across posts, platforms and campaigns
- Own the execution of internal campaign rollouts across multiple social channels and platforms
- Partner with internal stakeholders across the marketing department to ensure proper social support of ongoing priorities and initiatives such as innovation launches, partnerships, and eCommerce events
- Provide organic social media and social listening reporting, insights and optimizations that align with KPIs
- Translate performance and analytic data to actionable insights and strategy changes
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, including their respective strengths, nuances, success metrics, and relevant demographics
- Understanding of the individual voice, audience and configuration of each social media platform in order to optimize engagement with different communities
- Knowledge of each social media channel’s algorithms and ability to plan and manage content with respect to them
- Ability to think outside of the box to develop innovative ways to reach potential consumers through social media
- Up to speed with the latest social media tools and trends, including how brands are converting and engaging users through social channels
Required Competencies & Skills:
- Experience managing social media, preferably for a CPG and/or health & wellness brand
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Experience using photo and video editing apps to create social assets, including:
- Ability to create images, GIFs, and videos as needed
- Ability to write on-asset and caption copy as needed
- Strong collaborator who takes direction well and is a team-player
- Ability to pivot quickly and adapt easily to strategy or deadline changes
- Ability to manage multiple accounts
- Experience rolling out campaigns across social media, in addition to daily posting maintenance
- Experience with social media posting, listening and analytics tools
- Proven experience capturing content optimized for social, not just posting or maintaining an account
- Extremely organized and thrives on multitasking, fast-paced environments
- 3+ years of experience in social media & content creation for a food, beverage, beauty or lifestyle brand
- Passion for social media, content creation and community building
- Strong working knowledge of the competitive landscape, especially small to mid-scale food CPG brands
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and strategies
- Possess an eye for aesthetic curation and cohesive visual and written storytelling
- Based on San Diego area; ability to travel to the office and or meet with co-founder 1x a week
- 5 years of experience in organic social media
- Experience managing a major brand’s social media presence on Instagram or other highly trafficked social platform
- Experience with Dash Hudson and/or Later platforms
- Include portfolio or links to your previous social media content
Compensation: $70k-$85k / Year DOE
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k Eligible
Must live in the US to be considered
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you!
We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?