Operations Business Manager
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Operations Business Manager will build and maintain co-manufacturing and co-packing partnerships to support the ongoing growth and success of Perfect Snacks. This role will also support commercialization and continuous improvement efforts at our co-man and co-pack locations.
- Lead cross-functional operations and R&D teams to ensure successful project commercialization while ensuring standard processes are followed through stage gate while collaboratively working to enable capabilities, develop processes/procedures, COGS inputs, and support launch and scaling of new products.
- Negotiate and secure service and manufacturing agreements to meet business requirements related to terms and conditions, value, and cost for existing and new business
- Responsible for supporting new product development stage gate process with focus on capex management and commercialization
- Manage commercialization activities and timelines to support startup of new products, operational tests, market tests, LTO’s and regional and national rollouts with external partners
- Continuously evaluate, qualify, and build additional co-mans/co-packers, assisting R&D with exploring alternate manufacturing capabilities to meet innovation requirements
- Assist QA and maintain support for all necessary process and procedures to ensure best in class product quality, food safety and quality system programs
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within Perfect Bar
Who We Want...
- 5-7 years’ experience in CPG manufacturing, food, or beverage
- BS in Business Management, Food Engineering, Food Science or equivalent experience
- Experience managing relationships with co-manufacturers and co-packers
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong technical skills in processing and continuous improvement applications
- Strong financial background a plus
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
This is a remote position. Prefer candidate that reside on the West coast.
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?