Category Strategy Analyst
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Category Strategy Analyst is a highly collaborative role that will be responsible for category management and insight support across the Perfect Snacks portfolio of products. The Category Strategy Analyst is passionate about analytics and using insights to elevate customer partnerships. This includes working collaboratively with field sales and operations teams to execute growth strategies across our customers aligned to category growth goals and AOP objectives. Advocate and assist in the creation of selling materials for customer meetings, planogram and assortment analysis, and ongoing internal key learning materials. This role will operate as a key internal influencer, bringing category trends, consumption insights, and channel strategies to drive data-informed decisions for the organization.
- Develop category expertise, identify, and articulate business insights and fact-based opportunities (storytelling) by leveraging a variety of retailer, vendor, market/consumption, and shopper data sources
- Act as the front-line owner of data, responsible for organizing, scrubbing, analyzing, and finalizing large sets of raw data
- Key contributor to the development of customer-specific presentation materials supporting brand and category development
- Develop expertise of Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing and Shelving strategic framework by channel; develop data-driven processes/tools/content that ensure adherence and progress tracking within the sales team
- Development and integration of Category Management toolkit for field sales team to utilize, updated regularly throughout the year
- Partner with the Innovation team, Marketing, and Senior Manager of Category Strategy to create insights-driven innovation selling materials
- Track internal and competitive new item launches and provide updates to the organization
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis utilizing various data platforms (Nielsen, Spins, IRI, Numerator, 84.51, etc.) to support sales and cross-functional teams
- Act as the expert in utilizing customer-specific shopper and data platforms to best leverage information to influence decision making
- Contribute to the measurement of test-and-learn initiatives and continuous improvement of shelving and merchandising recommendations
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Sales and Business Intelligence departments
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent experience) and 2+ years of experience in category management within the CPG industry
- Working knowledge of secondary and syndicated data sources (Nielsen, Spins, IRI, Numerator, 84.51, etc.), loyalty card and shopper panel metrics
- Advanced user level in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and ability to effectively present complex insights to internal teams and customers
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights and visual selling content
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and the team
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of requests and projects
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
This is a remote position. Can live anywhere within the United States
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?