- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role..
The Senior Accountant is a leader in the Finance Department, providing decision support to other departments and key executives as well as guidance inside the Finance team. The Senior Accountant is a vital link between the day-to-day transactional details and the key decision makers charged with executing strategy.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close, producing GAAP-compliant financials in accordance with parent company deadlines
- Preparation of management reports, variance analysis, journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, review of team members' work, and other ad hoc projects
- Inventory cost analysis, reconciliation, bill of material costing maintenance and monthly journal entries
- Assist with financial audits and annual tax filings, coordinating tasks internally and interacting frequently with external CPAs
- Responsible for property tax and state tax filings, including maintaining Avalara setup
- Supervise and develop a direct report responsible for accounting operations, including G/L accounting, payroll, cashflow forecasting, etc
- Improve and maintain a strong internal control environment over all financial transactions, including managing action plan implementations under the guidance of parent company’s internal control team
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Finance department
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including supervisory experience
- Experience in manufacturing, wholesaling, and/or consumer goods industry with strong understanding of inventory costing
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls; CPA and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with state tax in food industry
- Robust experience with a variety of ERP systems; experience with NetSuite a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Curious, comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and change, and passionate about process improvement at a fast-growing business
- Ability to design and execute complex analyses in Excel; experience with other tools such as PowerBI a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
This is a remote position. Can live anywhere within the United States
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?