Supply Planning Manager
- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About The Role...
The Supply Planning Manager plays a key role in ensuring a service oriented, cost effective supply chain for Perfect Snacks. This role is responsible for the planning and deployment of Perfect Snacks products to our distribution network. This role is also responsible for Inventory Control activities including ensuring system inventory accuracy and obsolete inventory management and reporting. This critical work supports the ongoing success of our company by having the right product, in the right place, at the right time.
- Primary contact for co-manufacturers; develop and communicate monthly production forecast updates. Maintain a productive and positive relationship with co-mans to deliver optimal inventory levels across our distribution centers.
- Manage schedule, attainment, capacity, deployment, and supply chain flexibility while communicating risks and action plans to management.
- Conduct weekly analysis of inventory levels at all production and fulfillment facilities to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Develop strong partnerships with key internal customers including Logistics, Customer Service, R&D, Finance, and Quality.
- Deliver new product launch timelines and manage new items closely post-launch.
- Help optimize use of systems (ERP, planning software) and implement continuous systems improvements.
- Manage analyst responsible for work order processing, finished goods PO issuance & receiving, necessary inventory transactions and ongoing reconciliation. Provide training, coaching and oversight.
- Drive appropriate actions to improve inventory accuracy and visibility through partnership with internal and external resources.
- Develop and lead plan for annual physical inventory counts.
- Trouble shoot EDI platform inventory discrepancies for Sales Orders.
- Effectively manage inventory age, conduct lot code analysis weekly and execute appropriate actions to minimize waste.
- Generate obsolete inventory reporting including risk outlook, accrual, donation/destruction.
- HQ position in San Diego. Position will require some travel (less than 15%)
Who We Want...
- Strong sense of urgency in matters related to the health of the business
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain with a minimum of 1 year Supply Chain experience
- Credible track record in Supply Chain demonstrating ability to improve operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel (Advanced Formulas, Pivot Tables, Charts)
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical, with a strength in data accuracy
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Continuous improvement mindset
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?