Regional Account Executive - Grocery West & Central
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About The Role...
The Regional Account Executive – Grocery West & Central is responsible for delivering the revenue and distribution objectives for regional accounts in the West/Central market in accordance with company sales plans and budgets. This individual must be a doer, motivated, inspired, organized, creative, willing to roll up his/her sleeves with a strong work ethic.
- Total sales and P+L responsibility for Key Retailers.
- Drive new product/category distribution initiatives.
- Implement retailer promotional plans in line with sales/marketing plans.
- Direct distributors, brokers, internal resources to accomplish sales and distribution objectives.
- Manage all regional account budgets in proportion to sales revenue. A tight manager of trade spending
- Delivers distribution, shelf management, pricing and promotional objectives for regional accounts.
- Manage headquarter responsibility for Central/West regional accounts, including but not limited to; HyVee, WinCo, Lunds & Byerlys, Stater Bro, SaveMart, Bashas’, Smart and Final, Dierbergs, and others etc.
- Monitors and maintains all expenditures to stay in line with sales revenues.
- Identify new business opportunities. Has a true hunter mentality.
- Responsible for planning a monthly calendar which includes extensive travel such as, retailer appointments, broker meetings, distributor meetings, trade shows, regional shows, corporate office visits, working the market during a visit, etc.
- Represent the company at national and regional/distributor trade shows/events to promote product sales.
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Sales department.
- Office – 30%
- Frequent air and ground travel – 70%, a proven “road warrior"
Who We Want...
- 3+ years as an RSM or similar role within the CPG industry (Preference for Conventional Grocery Experience)
- 2+ years managing Grocery Retailer Headquarter Calls required, preference for experience with HyVee/WinCo
- 2+ years of broker management experience preferred
- Strong Passion for our Perfect Snacks Brand, Beliefs, Food Values and Products
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills; must be competent in managing large data sets and creating customer ready presentations
- Experience with sales trade planning systems and volume forecasting preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative thinker with the ability to tell a story with data
- Ability to manage a high level of project priorities across multiple retailers (Category Reviews, Promotional Planning, etc)
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced, high demand environment
- Self-sufficient and highly detailed oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface at all levels
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Preferred candidates located in Mid-West or West Coast, within 1 hour of a major airport.
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
This is a remote position.
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?