Commission & AR Analyst
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About The Role...
The Commission & AR Analyst is responsible for maintaining relationships with brokers, establishing contracts between both parties, and calculating monthly commissions. This position is also responsible for supporting the Accounts Receivable team with day-to-day operations.
- Broker Commission Responsibilities
- Ensure the completion and execution of broker commissions are timely and accurate
- Prepare monthly commission calculation per the instructions from the executed broker contract
- Manage the processes for gathering, maintaining, and auditing all input files and data elements
- Perform monthly account reconciliation and quarterly audits for commission true-up
- Responsible for reviewing and testing all commission payment reports for accuracy and completeness and obtaining all necessary approvals to process monthly commission payments
- Responsible for researching and resolving any commission payment discrepancies and issues
- Maintain standard operating procedures document for broker commission process
- Research broker commission system for future automation and integration with Company’s current ERP system
- Manage the onboarding of new brokers; work closely with sales and CFO to ensure contract wording is accurate
- Assist with researching and resolving deductions, including spoilage, cash discounts, promotional discounts, rebates, product returns, freight claims, and other adjustments taken by customers as required
- Participate in monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close process
- Prepare monthly super-gross revenue calculation
- Collect and maintain database of all sales and use tax exemption certificates
- Provide Trade Promotions Manager with any requested backup documentation
- Categorize and maintain Accounts Receivable email inbox
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties, and identifying new opportunities within the Finance department
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business with strong analytics experience
- 3-5 years of direct experience in related position, e.g., deduction resolution (required), financial analysis and/or accounting in CPG trade promotions
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (e.g., understand data analysis functions and can use Pivot Tables)
- Understanding of ERP systems; NetSuite a plus
- Organized, detail-oriented self-starter who works well in uncertainty and can establish effective, scalable, and repeatable processes
- Creative problem solver who takes ownership of his or her actions and can form recommendations to improve his or her functional domain of expertise
- Comfortable working under timelines and (re)prioritizing tasks to accomplish broader organizational goals
- Great interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, and adept at internal/external relationship-building; ability to manage up and across the team, as well as cross-functionally
- Proven skills in analysis of data trends, presentation, and reporting
- Strong aptitude for learning information systems required
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
We are located in San Diego, but are considering applicants nationwide.
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?