- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About The Role...
The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting with financial planning, analysis, preparation, and projection of the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts. In support of these activities, the Financial Analyst will also prepare analysis of financial reports, records, and trends; along with, monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables for the Perfect Snacks leadership team and the parent company. In addition, this role will spearhead our monthly variance identification and analysis process, along with overseeing any corrective action tracking, communication, and coordination with various internal stakeholders. This position will also develop, maintain, and own spreadsheets and databases used to facilitate our analysis and reporting.
- Develops, maintains, and performs complex calculations and detailed analysis to support strategic plans, operating budgets, monthly close, modeling, and other benchmarks.
- Provides support related to budgeting, revenue recognition, and system and process changes. Correlates Revenue/Expense to volumes and prepares reports to assist in assessing financial performance.
- Analyze current and past financials.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and projections based on this analysis.
- Evaluate expenditures and trends and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide financial models and forecasting.
- Analyzes financial results, trends and performance metrics and provides root cause analysis to support business decisions.
- Coordinate with other members of the Finance team and key stakeholders to review financial information and forecasts.
- Conduct presentations to provide a summary of analysis regarding financial results and trends.
- Independently and collaboratively, pursues fundamental problem solving. Conducts financial analysis including the preparation of reports, gathering of data and documentation of findings and communicates outcomes to leadership.
- Lead and document financial analysis projects including the preparation of ad hoc reports; to include but not limited to; gathering of data, analysis, documentation of findings, and calculation of results and generation of reports for distribution.
- Develop and/or document business policies, conducts special financial and business-related studies and cooperate with other departments in the preparation of analyses.
- Independently pursue fundamental problem solving and document the recommendations to management.
- Serve as a project lead for special projects within the department.
- Coordinate activities to ensure the project is advancing properly and to ensure the project is completed within the timeframes established.
- Assist in the design and distribution of customized financial reports within ERP system and the development of an ERP dashboard to publish for key stakeholders.
- Leverage available reporting automation tools to help drive efficiency.
- Work with multiple teams to understand and define reporting needs.
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Statistics/Economics/Business from an accredited college or university
- 2-4 years or relevant, progressive experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Solid Accounting/Finance background
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: Ability to interact with and present financial analysis to all levels of management, ability to influence and persuade, great presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Strong relationship building skills and the ability to think strategically and act proactively to build trust and confidence with stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a consistently evolving and everchanging environment
- Quantitative, with strong attention to detail and high degree of comfort with large volumes of data
- Client focused with strong business acumen
- Advanced Excel skills and strong skills in Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with NetSuite, Access, and Power BI a plus
- Understanding of ERP systems and related technologies
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
We are located in San Diego, but are considering applicants nationwide.
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?