Quality Assurance Analyst
- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
Who We Want...
As QA Analyst, you will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to Quality Assurance System and compliance programs supporting our vendors, manufacturing, and fulfillment centers. You will also be responsible for reviewing material and finished goods COAs, receiving samples for analysis, provide finished product disposition, collate consumer feedback for trend analysis, investigate root cause, provide corrective action follow-ups, including validation of continuous improvement objectives.
- Finished Product Release
- Manages COA, 1st article (QA docs & production doc), micro release schedule, 3PL warehouse receiving, and release exceptions.
- Communicate/manage release with 3PL, manufacturing, and customer service.
- Manage finished product holds and product traceability.
- QSM Support
- Conduct or facilitate (document review and collection) 2ND party Audits/Inspection of Co man, 3PL warehouse, Vendor/ingredient.
- HACCP review and risk analysis of ingredient vendors.
- Manage and track change controls at co-man, 3PL warehouse and vendors.
- Issue/Manage/track Supplier Corrective Action to co man, 3PL and Vendors.
- Assist in handling the receipt, tracking, and monitoring of customer complaints (NSPE), including related customer correspondence.
- Compile and analyze trend data and issuing reports relating to Cost of Quality metrics, customer complaints, product holds, and production/QC data, and the review thereof.
- Assist with coordinating corrective action meetings and root cause analysis and investigations.
- New/Raw Ingredient specification review and management.
- Support document control for QSM, annual ingredient specification, manage COD, shelf life review.
- Maintains product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality systems. Serve as a backup for document control as needed.
- FP Sample Organization
- Organize/review/cleanup retention, commercialization, shelf life, and product testing samples.
- Cooler organization by pallet, lot code/best date, donation pallets.
- Pulling samples for team judging and sensory review.
- Manages sensory data against established essential quality attributes.
- Manages shelf life studies and retain processes for finished products.
- Product Development
- Supports NPD trials and commercialization of the new products or productivity projects.
- Depending on experience, support of Regulatory Review.
Who We Want...
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Good math aptitude
- Excellent computer skills
- Associates degree in science related field (preferred); High school diploma or GED certification (required)
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Focus on work and details with accuracy and follows through of assignments
- Ability to absorb ideas from multiple disciplines and direct into one outcome
- Hands-on type person
- Ability to manage projects, follow through with details, and learn quickly
- Excellent attitude
- Understand and identify out-of-spec GMP or SOPs as compared with existing work instructions and policy
- Report to work on scheduled days, on time, follow break and lunch time allowances per company policy, and perform all daily duties in a safe and consistent manner
- Two or more years of QA experience in Food Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Food & Beverage Manufacturing experience
- Food Safety (HACCP/HARPC overview)
- Food Defense
- Personal Hygiene and GMP’s
- Sanitary and Safe Food Handling Techniques
- Allergen management
- Quality Assurance of Sanitation
- Measuring Instrument Calibration
- CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action) Program
- Glass and Brittle Materials Control Procedures
- Artwork Approval
- Updates or Revisions made to SOPs since last training
Applicants must reside in San Diego.
Bonus, Benefits, 401k, Vacation & Sick eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?