Senior Manager of Category Strategy
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Snacks is sold online and in more than 35,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About The Role...
The Senior Manager of Category Strategy will lead the development and utilization of the Perfect Snacks Category Management Toolkit to enable our sales team and broker partners to sell in recommendations for the Perfect Snacks assortment as well as the overall category. Work collaboratively with the Perfect Snacks field sales and operations support team to execute growth strategies across our customers that drive category growth in concert with our AOP objectives. Champion coordination of sales content for customer meetings, manage POG creation and evolution of space management with key strategic customers, lead customer specific projects, and support internal processes to deliver key selling tools and information. Will also operate as a key internal influencer, bringing trends, consumption insights, and customer/shopper centric information to sales leads and department leads to drive informed decisions.
- Act as strategic support center for VP of Sales Operations and Category Strategy workload, projects, work-streams, and customer + internal needs
- Assist in conducting test and learn Fresh Snacking projects across top retailers, and expanding rollouts to broader store counts and other retailers in the competitive marketplace
- Responsible for customer specific POG development including Perfect Snacks items, as well as supporting information for the expansion of fresh snacking space in key customers
- Key contributor to the development of customer-specific presentation materials supporting sales team’s customer meetings for Perfect Snacks brand and category development, JBP framework and Top-to-Top deck development
- Development of Category Management toolkit for field sales team to utilize in preparing presentation materials and making recommendations to customers
- Creation and facilitation of customer specific brand and category projects (ex: test and learns, custom POG creation, etc.)
- Facilitate customized analytics based on customer-specific objectives and business trends
- Engage with key strategic customers to develop fresh snacking and Perfect Snacks expansion strategies, collaborating with key decision makers to drive category level growth (effort to develop informal and formal category adviserships in conjunction with VP of Sales Operations)
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis across various customer data platforms like SPINS, Nielsen, Market 6, Stratum, etc.
- Act as the expert in utilizing customer-specific shopper and data platforms to best leverage information to influence decision making
- Develop and own continuous improvement of Perfect Snacks merchandising standards as the portfolio expands and evolves
- Contribute to the measurement of test-and-learn initiatives across key customers to evaluate learnings to roll out more broadly
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Sales department.
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in sales (desired) or category management (must-have) in CPG
- Preferably has worked with large and small CPG food or beverage companies with experience in natural or premium products
- Has had responsibilities supporting both sales and key strategic retail customers
- Believes in insights and data-based support content being a pivotal enabler to success
- Ethical presentation of data is core to building a collaborative relationship with retailer and internal partners (avoiding reverse-engineering selling content when not available simply to support decisions)
- High proficiency in using syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen, IRI/SPINS, 84.51, Numerator, etc.), loyalty card and shopper panel metrics
- Assimilating and interpreting data from multiple data sources into concise action-oriented recommendations using category management methods and techniques
- Proficiency in JDA, Apollo or Spaceman space planning software
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Hungry to receive requests for projects from sales team and internal functions
- Strategic but detailed and comfortable with being in the weeds to a reasonable amount
- Data capable and comfortable
- Creative and able to weave an insights and data heavy story
Bonus, Vacation, Sick, 401k, Benefits eligible.
This position is eligible to be remote.
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume and answer the below questions:
1. Why do you want to join the Perfect Snacks family/brand?
2. What excites you about this role?
3. Where are you located?