Transportation and e-Commerce Operations Manger
- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the family-owned company behind Perfect Bar: The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, and other fresh-snacking product lines that boast whole food-ingredients and clean-food credentials. Since launching in 2005, Perfect Snacks has spearheaded the fresh CPG category with more and more consumers flocking to the fridge for fresh, on-the-go options. With rapid growth over the last few years, Perfect Snacks’ products are now available online and in 20,000 retailers nationwide. As a brand, our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role…
The Transportation and e-Commerce Operations Manager will oversee and own two critical areas in our Operations function at Perfect Snacks – Transportation and e-Commerce Operations. The Initial focus will be to deliver day-to-day requirements and KPIs while building out strategy, process and capabilities that deliver operational excellence. The Longer-range focus will be to ensure scalability as the business continues rapid growth, to ensure ongoing best-in-class customer service and to secure meaningful cost savings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities…
- Manage e-Commerce channel operations, including inventory planning, value added services, forecasting, promotion planning as well as operations including fulfilment, returns, customer service via 3PL provider
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact with fulfillment partners and troubleshoot fulfillment issues with appropriate urgency
- Partner with commercial leaders on promotional strategies, assortment, and inventory planning for the channel
- Track e-Commerce order fulfillment and optimize flow to maximize revenues and ensure customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with Operations team to coordinate all logistical aspects and effectively manage inventories and order pipeline across product portfolio
- Oversee demand/supply planning for e-Commerce in collaboration with Supply Chain.
- Define metrics, methodologies and dashboards to track and analyze e-Commerce business in alignment with company revenue and profitability goals
- Drives accountability for results and identifies actions and strategic decisions that deliver improvements in site Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Work cross functionally with employees across different functions including Quality, NPD, Marketing and Finance to support new product and platform launches
- Lead transportation function to optimize on-time delivery while minimizing costs, developing RFP for new carrier partners as necessary
- Create multi-year roadmap to align transportation capabilities with future business requirements
- Optimize methodologies and dashboards to track and analyze Transportation activities.
- Accountable for helping set and deliver financial targets relating to freight costs
- Develops and executes strategies to minimize inventory write-downs related to over/short/damage
- Develop systems and tools to enable efficient scalability for future shipment growth
- Responsible to provide transportation network with accurate forecasts based on priorities and emerging business needs. Negotiates prioritization and non-standard delivery needs when necessary to support business
- Facilitate best in class Customer Experience through exceptional partnerships within a network of transportation services
- Monitor, manage and report KPI's (cost and service), ensuring clear processes and understood expectations
- Manage the freight spend budget, implementation of transportation cost reduction strategies,
- and established cost targets
- Manage the process for carrier score carding and set targets for KPIs
- Understand transportation industry specific landscapes and trends and effectively
- communicate industry shifts
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different
- duties and identifying new opportunities within the Operations department
Position will be based in San Diego area. Travel requirements will vary as business needs
change but should typically fall in the 10% - 15% range.
Who We Want…
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Supply Chain/Logistics or Operations
- Management preferred.
- Prefer 3+ years’ experience in Logistics/Transportation/Freight Management and/or 3+ years of e-Commerce Operations experience, preferably for a brand selling direct-to-consumer.
- Proven Leadership skills, with a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong Customer Centric Focus
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with solid understanding of sales and financial data
- Strong project management, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k Eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.