Quality Assurance & Manufacturing Manager
- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the family-owned company behind Perfect Bar: The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, and other fresh-snacking product lines that boast whole food-ingredients and clean-food credentials. Since launching in 2005, Perfect Snacks has spearheaded the fresh CPG category with more and more consumers flocking to the fridge for fresh, on-the-go options. With rapid growth over the last few years, Perfect Snacks’ products are now available online and in 20,000 retailers nationwide. As a brand, our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Quality Assurance & Manufacturing Manager will direct seamless execution of source, product and process quality to ensure the highest level of customer and consumer satisfaction. Position will be involved in all aspects of the quality systems throughout the supply chain. This will include ongoing verification and validation of QSM, product specifications, consumer feedback, and best practices to ensure all quality standards and consumer expectations are met.
Job Duties and Responsibilities...
- Manage and verify PS Quality Management Systems (QSM), procedures for Manufacturing & Product Specifications with vendors and co-manufactures.
- Support all Perfect Snacks food safety programs, including QSM, Recall, HACCP, CGMP’s, EMP, Food Defense, Positive Release
- Support new product development process
- Audit manufacturing control plans for new products and processes
- Coordinate and participate in 2rd & 3nd party audits at Co-man and vendors, maintain record and corrective action of findings.
- Preform audit of facilities, suppliers, production systems, verify/validate CAPAs and QA systems.
- Administer and manage vendor approval program with sourcing.
- Assist with auditing and maintaining useful raw material, packaging, and finished product databases
- Serve as a liaison between vendors, copackers, and customers on quality initiatives
- Oversee production runs at co-manufacturers regularly to ensure finished products meet specifications
- Ensures products meet corporate standards as well as all applicable government regulations
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of Quality Assurance and Food Safety by setting goals and identifying key performance indicators in this area of the business
- Ensures adherence to appropriate regulations and Company standards for quality.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met in manufacturing and supply chain
- Develop and maintain useful raw material, packaging, and finished product specifications and all additionally required documentation
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Operations department.
Position will be based in San Diego area. Actual travel may vary up or down based on specific business activity and demands at any given time but should be in the 10%-30% range.
Who We Want...
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Food Science, chemistry, microbiology, or related discipline field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Credible track record of implementing quality systems
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience with Regulatory Audits, FMEA, HACCP and SQF preferred
- SQF and GFSI benchmarked standard training
- Knowledge of CFR Food & Drugs
- Proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel), and Internet-based research
- Proven leadership skills and people management skills derived from direct and indirect responsibility for building and managing cohesive, high performing teams
- Ability to motivate, lead and work with teams.
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k Eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Snacks family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.