- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the family-owned company behind Perfect Bar: The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, and other fresh-snacking product lines that boast whole food-ingredients and clean-food credentials. Since launching in 2005, Perfect Snacks has spearheaded the fresh CPG category with more and more consumers flocking to the fridge for fresh, on-the-go options. With rapid growth over the last few years, Perfect Snacks’ products are now available online and in 20,000 retailers nationwide. As a brand, our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role…
The Accounting Manager is a leader in the Finance Department, providing decision support to other departments and key executives as well as guidance inside the Finance team. Reporting directly to the CFO, this highly motivated individual is a vital link between the day to day transactional details and the key decision makers charged with executing Perfect Snacks’ strategies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities…
- Lead monthly/quarterly/annual accounting close, producing GAAP-compliant financials in accordance with parent company deadlines
- Preparation of management reports, budget variance analysis, journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, review of team members' work, and other ad hoc projects
- Inventory cost analysis, reconciliation, bill of material costing maintenance and monthly journal entries
- Act as project manager for financial audits and annual tax filings, coordinating tasks internally and interacting frequently with external CPAs
- Manage and develop three direct reports responsible for all accounting operations, including A/R, A/P, G/L accounting, payroll, cashflow forecasting, etc
- Improve and maintain a strong internal control environment over all financial transactions
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Finance department.
Who We Want…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including supervisory experience
- Experience in manufacturing, wholesaling, and/or consumer goods industry with strong understanding of inventory costing
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Curious, comfortable dealing with the ambiguity and change, and passionate about process improvement at a fast growing business
- Solid understanding of GAAP and internal controls; CPA and/or public accounting experience is a plus
- Robust experience with a variety of ERP systems
- Ability to design and execute complex analyses in Excel; experience with other tools such as Tableau or PowerBI a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k Eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Bar family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.