Accounts Payable Assistant
- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Bar, LLC is the family-owned company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Bar is sold online and in more than 12,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for supporting the Accounting Team.
- Enter bills into accounting system in a timely fashion and prepare checks for weekly check run
- Maintain vendor records and ensure all related documentation is up to date
- Ensure all AP is in the system or is accrued for at month end
- Assist AP | HR Specialist with monthly Credit Card reconciliation
- Reconcile freight bills received via EDI to statements received from vendors on a weekly basis
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies ensuring that a proper 3-way match is performed, and any exceptions are researched and resolved
- Assist AP with weekly tasks to include; PO requests, AP mailbox organization, electronic filing, and any other ad hoc projects
- Support Accounting Team with month end closing and annual financial audits
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Finance department.
- Accounts Receivable assistance with day to day tasks.
Who We Want...
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university or 3-4 years relevant experience
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take the initiative to get things done
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and QuickBooks Enterprise Solution
- GAAP knowledge
- Strong in 3-way matching understanding
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Bar family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.