- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the family-owned company behind Perfect Bar: The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, and other fresh-snacking product lines that boast whole food-ingredients and clean-food credentials. Since launching in 2005, Perfect Snacks has spearheaded the fresh CPG category with more and more consumers flocking to the fridge for fresh, on-the-go options. With rapid growth over the last few years, Perfect Snacks’ products are now available online and in 20,000 retailers nationwide. As a brand, our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Brand Manager is responsible for supporting marketing strategy to strengthen Perfect Snacks’ position as the leader of the fresh snacking movement. This role will be involved with supporting major campaign activations and product launch plans, assisting with innovation strategy, leading packaging development and managing the consumer experience team.
Communications Planning: Work with Sr. Director and the Comms team (Content Marketing Manager, Communications Manager and Creative Director) to devise annual communications plan that aligns with business plan and innovation launch priorities. Create strategic briefs for internal and external creative agencies to deliver inspiring, consumer insight led communications across multiple platforms, and manage process through to execution.
Innovation: Assist Sr. Director with portfolio opportunity assessment, insight-driven concept writing, trend deep dives and competitive reviews.
Insights: On-point for marketing-driven consumer insight studies. Liaison with Insights Director to design studies and extract insights for action.
Packaging: Lead packaging design development process, including briefing, creative reviews, legal approvals and continuous improvement. Lead creation of new packaging formats for existing products.
Consumer Experience: Manage team of 2 consumer affairs coordinators. Leverage consumer data to improve product offerings and inspire content development.
Inspiring Leader: Manage direct reports with energy and enthusiasm, coaching talent to develop and grow competencies and capabilities and seek out learning and development opportunities
New Responsibilities: Adapt to shifting organizational priorities by taking ownership of new duties and regularly owning a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset.
Who We Want...
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in brand management roles within CPG. Experience and passion for the Natural Products industry is preferred.
- Creative thinker with the ability to track trends and develop or seek out innovative ideas.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree. An MBA or equivalent Master’s Degree is strongly preferred
- Experience working across the spectrum of media platforms, with an emphasis on social media, content and influencer marketing
- Experience creating winning advertising and consumer experience plans
- Excellent strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills including leadership, communication and teamwork
- Ability to manage and prioritize many projects simultaneously
- Track record of working effectively with cross-functional team members – NPD, Sales, Operations and finance
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
- Passion for the health and wellness lifestyle space
Bonus, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Bar family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.