- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the family-owned company behind Perfect Bar: The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, and other fresh-snacking product lines that boast whole food-ingredients and clean-food credentials. Since launching in 2005, Perfect Snacks has spearheaded the fresh CPG category with more and more consumers flocking to the fridge for fresh, on-the-go options. With rapid growth over the last few years, Perfect Snacks’ products are now available online and in 20,000 retailers nationwide. As a brand, our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Director, Brand Marketing is responsible for driving visionary marketing strategy to strengthen Perfect Snacks position as the leader of the fresh snacking movement. This role will be responsible for leading a dynamic and agile team through day to day management of the brand equity and business, as well as driving the brand planning process of creating brand strategy, activation planning, and budgeting for the Perfect Snacks family of brands.
• Brand Planning: Lead process of executing quarterly, annual and long-range strategic plans and budget planning process. Includes brand situation assessment analysis, strategy and planning development, marketing mix effectiveness evaluation in partnership with Business Intelligence, and tactical activation planning.
• Communications Planning: Work with Content Marketing Manager, Communications Manager and Creative Director to devise annual communications plan that aligns with business plan and innovation launch priorities. Create strategic briefs for internal and external creative agencies to deliver inspiring, consumer insight led communications across multiple platforms, and manage process through to execution.
• Media Planning: Assist Sr. Director, Digital Strategy and E-Commerce, in building holistic media plan to drive brand awareness across digital and traditional media channels.
• Analytics: Partner with Business Intelligence team to actively manage business gather, analyze and present business performance assessments using SPINS, Nielsen and internal shipment reports.
• Innovation: Partner with Senior Director, Innovation to outline opportunity assessment of portfolio and prioritize long range innovation calendar.
• Customer Marketing: Work with Brand Manager and Sales team to plan and execute customer marketing programming for key conventional and natural channel retailers, including management of Ibotta and other online coupon platforms
• Field Marketing: Assist Brand Manager in leading the Field Marketing team, including crafting Costco Roadshow and Conventional demo activation KPIs and goals, measuring performance and continually improving process/structure/team.
• Budget and P&L Management: Oversee Brand Manager’s work in tracking brand budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual view, and regularly communicate and reconcile spend with Finance.
• Brand Advocate: Act as a champion for the brand, regularly presenting brand positioning, programming and performance success stories across internal and external audiences.
• Inspiring Leader: Manage multiple direct reports with energy and enthusiasm, coaching talent to develop and grow competencies and capabilities and seek out learning and development opportunities
• New Responsibilities: Adapts to shifting organizational priorities by taking ownership of new duties and regularly owning a roll up your sleeves, player/coach mindset.
Who We Want...
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in brand management roles within consumer-packaged goods. Experience and passion for the Natural Products industry is preferred
• Creative thinker with the ability to track trends and develop or seek out innovative ideas. A Bachelor of Science/Arts degree. An MBA or equivalent Master’s Degree is strongly preferred
• Excellent strategic, analytical and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills including leadership, communication and teamwork
• Ability to manage and prioritize many projects simultaneously
• Track record of working effectively with cross-functional team members – NPD, Sales, Operations and finance
• Experience working across the spectrum of media platforms, with an emphasis on social media, content and influencer marketing
• Strong analytical acumen, with robust knowledge and track record of translating ACNielsen/IRI consumption data into actionable insights and plans
• Experience creating customer-specific marketing programs with conventional and natural channel retailers
• Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
• Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
• Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
• Passion for the health and wellness lifestyle space
Bonus, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Bar family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.