Sales Planning Manager
- San Diego, CA, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Snacks is the family-owned company behind Perfect Bar: The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar, and other fresh-snacking product lines that boast whole food-ingredients and clean-food credentials. Since launching in 2005, Perfect Snacks has spearheaded the fresh CPG category with more and more consumers flocking to the fridge for fresh, on-the-go options. With rapid growth over the last few years, Perfect Snacks’ products are now available online and in 20,000 retailers nationwide. As a brand, our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Sales Planning Manager will partner with the Sales Team to develop the strategies and plans necessary to meet the organization’s revenue growth deliverables. This will require both exceptional analytical skills and strong collaboration with other functions including Operations, Marketing and Finance.
- Plan and execute trade promotion expenditures for all customers and distributors
- Act as conduit between Director of Sales and Trade Spend Manager ensuring all planned promotions have approved contracts in Trade Promotional Management Software; Cresicor
- Review actuals in monthly Trade Dashboard and explain any variances to forecast. Adjust trade plans per sales input consistent with budgetary constraints
- Analyze effectiveness, efficiency and ROI of all promotions
- Manage Broker relationships and ensure performance / commissions are aligned with contracts
- Assist Analytics Team prepare and update standardized category presentations and syndicated data reports for organization
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to develop sales material for field sales, retail and customers
- Collaborate with Field Sales Team to articulate and inform on key brand programs, items, launches and future strategies
- Partner with Innovation Team and provide sales insight on case packs, shelf heights, pricing and assess packaging feasibility for all new product development
- Work with Brand Manager on commercialization process for all new items
- Manage Sales Support Manager and oversee the following;
- Request and provide COI information for customers
- Answer questions and provide information for wholesalers, distributors and retailers
- Analyze sales, production and shipment reports
- Execuion of all sales support needs, including but not limited to sales materials, swag, sales promotions and sales training
- New account onboarding
- Mass Data Management - 1 World Sync, Project Mercury, Target POL Portal, etc..
- Distributor Processes Management – All retail distributors
- Regulate & communicate UPC updates, price increases, ingredient attributes / modifications and certificate notifications
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Sales Department
Who We Want...
- Bachelor degree and / or 5-7 years of experience in sales, analytics, sales, marketing or related field preferred
- Experience within CPG industry a plus
- Ability to work across multiple data sources to provide a holistic perspective
- Ability to influence decision making across multiple levels and functions of an organization to drive results
- Solid understanding of basic sales methods / technique
- Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities
- Ability to make decisions and work with little supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and balance multiple tasks
- Proficient with basic computer hardware and software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good oral and written skills
- ·Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay eligible
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Bar family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.