Regional Field Sales Manager - North Atlantic
- 3931 Sorrento Valley Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Who We Are...
Based in sunny San Diego, Perfect Bar, LLC is the family-owned company behind The Original Refrigerated Protein Bar. Offering a line of products that boast whole food ingredients and clean food credentials, Perfect Bar is sold online and in more than 12,000 retailers nationwide. Now more than a decade since its inception, the brand has experienced rapid growth in the last few years, as consumers flock to the fridge for fresher options. Our success is attributed to the people behind the brand, who share in our family's mission: 'To nourish worldkind with a hug, good vibes and a delicious dose of fresh whole food nutrition. To us, that’s the recipe to make life a little more, well, perfect.'
A Bit About the Role...
The Regional Field Sales Manager is responsible for sustaining brand image while also increasing territory reach in assigned grocery and specialty accounts. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining and developing sales in these accounts to meet and exceed sales goals and customer satisfaction. They will also work closely with Sales leadership team and with other regional sales representatives to implement sales growth strategy nationwide. They will also manage a team of Brand Ambassadors that conduct demos and merchandise our must win retailers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities...
- Assist the VP of Sales and Sales Directors in the execution of the sales plan, meeting both personal and regional sales goals:
- New item acceptance in key accounts to include; Target, Hannaford, Shaw’s/Star Market, Safeway/Albertsons, Harris Teeter.
- Prime shelf placement.
- Secondary displays.
- Product education.
- Secure new distribution at retailers that pull from UNFI, Rainforest or Kehe in New York City.
- Demo number and bar sales goal achieved by FAST under management
- Monthly ride-alongs with FAS under management
- 3rd Party vendor training and management:
- Deliver perfect shelf – close voids, secure secondary placements in conjunction with 3rd party vendors.
- Conduct brand training with 3rd party merchandising vendors, distributors and brokers and conduct regular ride-alongs to audit activity.
- Offer checks and balances to 3rd party vendors with real time field data and intel.
- Brand Ambassador team management:
- Ensure demo and store visit quotas are continuously reached
- Train and develop the team to be successful
- Provide the team with weekly reports to drive success
- Ridealongs with team 2+ times each quarter in each region
- Recruit and backfill team members that do no perform
- Build relationships with all decision makers within assigned territory, including:
- Whole Foods: all team members including grocery team leaders, assistant team leaders, grocery specialists and marketing managers.
- Natural accounts; independents: grocery/store buyers, employees.
- Distributors: Field representatives, managers.
- Brokers: Field representatives, representative managers.
- In-Store Demos
- Required to execute a minimum number of demos per month
- During in-store calls:
- Identifies key store decision makers.
- Effectively communicates Perfect Bar’s point of differentiation and brand strategy. Describes product features to store employees and customers. Highlights any special pricing, new products, product revisions, etc.
- Observes displays of both company and competitor product on store shelves, reporting pricing, shelf space, and promotions changes.
- Observes sku mix in store and prompts decision maker to adjust mix accordingly.
- Observes inventory levels in stores and prompts decision maker to reorder when inventory levels appear low.
- Completes call report at the end of each store visit.
- Respond to customer requests quickly and professionally
- Participates in product resets.
- Reports on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory. Visits other retailers that are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
- Coordinate opportunistic demos and store events supporting Field Marketing Managers in markets with Field Marketing support where applicable.
- May involve some weekend or evening schedule during special promotions and/or customer events.
- Open new accounts within geography and in new regions with sales tools, product education, samples and coupons.
- Use data and recommendations from “Data Center” to drive action at regional and store – level.
- Accepts responsibility for the organizational goals by taking ownership of new and different duties and identifying new opportunities within the Field Sales department.
- Physically capable of bending and lifting to set up displays, adjust shelves during resets, move product, etc. as necessary during account calls
- Good driving habits are required. Must provide proof of insurance, valid state motor vehicle driver’s license.
- 60% travel required for job. Seven (7) working days per quarter in each region managed.
Who We Want...
- Adaptable: Multi-task efficiently and effectively prioritize business needs. High degree of flexibility, yet able to preplan and accomplish objectives
- Personable: Comfortable talking to customers to establish rapport, build a network, and listen to understand customer needs
- Goal-oriented: Take initiative to establish account-specific plans, and achieve/exceed sales goals
- Fact-based: Ability to analyze syndicated data and deliver insights to support sales objectives in an account
- Team player: Partner with Field Marketing counterparts in achieving goals; share best practices and learn from Sales team members
- Innovative: Use creativity in managing the territory through innovative sales programs
- Organized: Must be organized and thorough, experience with complex scheduling and strategic planning preferred
- 5-7 years of experience, or recent college graduate with Sales internship experience, required
- Natural industry and/or CPG industry experience with current relationships preferred
- College degree preferred, preferably in Marketing, Communication or Business
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally to build retailer relationships, and in writing to accomplish follow-up
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Power Point
- Passion for health and/or natural foods industry preferred
- Ability to be entrepreneurial and methodical
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Bonus / Benefits / Vacation / 401k
We will only consider candidates currently located in the North Atlantic region, preferrably Boston, MA.
Got what it takes to join the Perfect Bar family? We want to hear from you! We will only consider candidates who provide a resume.