Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is
recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
This role will report to the Accounting Manager. This role will partner with Agency business and operations teams and may include client interaction. Support multiple entities as Sr. Accountant. Partner with Controller and CFO on various projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- MONTH/YEAR end close:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank account reconciliations
- Prepare and enter/maintain journal entries - payroll, accruals, adjustments, recurring
- Revenue recognition & income only transaction processing
- Weekly AR Aging, Cash position, and Revenue Forecast reporting
- Monthly/weekly status meetings with account teams on reconcilable accounts to review billing, costs, hours, etc. Transfer time/costs as appropriate.
- Client billing per respective agreements
- Prepare, review and distribute mandatory client reporting per agreement(s)
- Approve production/media purchase orders
- Prepare annual Tax PBCs and miscellaneous tax filings as needed, i.e NY Commercial rent.
- Monthly bank compliance reporting
- Review and process employee expense reports
- Ad hoc reporting as needed
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Sound business acumen and common sense approach to problem solving
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; be a “people person”
- ERP System savvy as well as intermediate user of Excel, i.e. pivot tables, lookups, etc…
- Proven track record of successfully leading projects through completion
- A positive attitude and ability to thrive in a fast paced agency environment
- 3+ years Accounting experience
- 1+ years agency experience preferred
- Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
For positions that will be based in NYC, the annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the positions.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.