Senior Brand Strategist
- 1265 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
The Brand Strategy team at Pereira O’Dell is tasked with creating and setting into motion the overall behavior of a brand. Strategists must understand every element that impacts a brand’s behavior: culture, consumer, company, category - the entire landscape that affects the communications a brand puts out into market to accomplish its goals.
The Senior Brand Strategist leads the brand strategy development for the brand, working closely with and reporting to the Head of Brand Strategy. They are responsible for brand strategy framework and positioning development, target audience understanding, qual/quant research, and partnering with the research partner on ongoing brand health trackers. Responsible for creative brief development and strategic recommendations. They also look at competitive and category trends to inform strategic recommendations.
This position has the option to be remote, but preferably based on the West Coast.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultural Anthropology - Stay in tune to current trends and connect the dots in order to find opportunities for our client’s brands to infiltrate. Help clients navigate what’s happening around their brands.
- Creative Resources - The main strategy point of contact for the agency creative teams as they develop new work, and work through creative briefs. Develop POVs and arguments to help ‘sell’ through creative work to clients, and ‘defend’ that work from all the reasons it may/may not be the ‘right’ work right now.
- Business Analysis - Actively looking for ways to turnn business challenges into creative opportunities. Find the connections between the client’s business and the communications openings that can impact their business.
- Consumer Behavior - Turn consumer insight and behavior into actionable creative inspiration, through both understanding how an audience currently behaves and what impacts their behavior.
- Client Management - Actively, and constantly thinking of ways for the brand to do better. Figuring out a way to prove it, turn it into a compelling story, and sell it through.
- Technical Execution & Thought Leadership - You’re developing your craft. You’re starting to forge a style for guiding work, for how brands should behave, and how you respond to changes in the marketplace. Your point of view, as it relates to all things brand and marketing, is starting to take shape - and you’re sharing that POV.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5+ years agency experience in brand strategy, must include some digital
- Working with and presenting to clients and creative
- New business (presentations, RFPs, etc.)
- Ability to recognize and fight for a good idea
- Ability to inspire creative teams to develop great work
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with communications/social strategists to identify unique opportunities for client brands
- Conduct and commission both qualitative and quantitative research. Ability to read data and measure key KPIs for clients
- Familiarity with research tools, such as Simmons, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Profile Tool, etc.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.