- 1265 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
The Design Intern will be responsible for supporting the design team on a variety of projects and briefs across all of Pereira O’Dell’s clients. It’s your job to be an “engine” that consistently delivers interesting ideas for any brief given.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Concept, create and design impactful campaign solutions on multiple media platforms to meet Design Director direction
- Ask questions at briefings.
- Be curious about all of the agency’s clients, not just those you are working on, especially their visual identities.
- Work on multiple clients and projects in a fast paced and agile-agency environment
- Provide design thinking in emerging mediums
- Develop innovative brand identity working closely with the strategy department.
- Work on your craft with as many Art Directors and Designers in the agency as possible
- Hone your craft by doing whatever is needed—no ask is too small, no brief too big.
- Be prepared that you have the largest learning curve in the agency and be ready to learn from anyone in the agency
- Demonstrate that you work collaboratively across all departments and can be relied upon to deliver great work.
- Listen and learn the business, your role, how we work.
- Begin to hone your presentation skills during creative reviews as well as larger group internals.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite—Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design specifically. You are not expected to be a power user but willing to learn working processes within these apps to allow for efficient build out across all media.
- Google Slides—Master templates, embedding video, in-app comping
- Typography and Layout—Grids and type hierarchy.
- Image search for comps and campaign visuals
Internship applications will be accepted through April 30, 2021. Internships will take place for 8 weeks from June to July, 2021.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.