Brand Strategy Intern
- 1265 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
The Brand Strategy team at Pereira O’Dell is tasked with creating and setting into motion the overall behavior of a brand. Strategists must understand every element that impacts a brand’s behavior: culture, consumer, company, category - the entire landscape that affects the communications a brand puts out into the market to accomplish its goals.
The Brand Strategy Intern works with the Brand Strategy Director to develop project-related agency briefs. They work closely with the brand management team on competitive and category trends to inform strategic recommendations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cultural Anthropology - Have your ‘finger on the pulse’. Actively search for new information and new outlets that others may not have even heard of yet.
- Creative Resources - Create competitive and SWOT analyses. Share examples of best practices and inspiration to spark new creative ideas and/or new ways to reach audiences.
- Business Analysis - Support the synthesis of a client’s available research, and fill in the holes with desk research. Seek insights based on available data, recommend research that will provide necessary info, and help the agency as a whole understand a client’s business and challenges.
- Consumer Behavior - Support the process to uncover consumer insights. This means leading the development of learning plans and primary consumer research (qual & quant) as well as interrogating and amassing available consumer sentiment (paid, owned and free tools).
- Client Management - Find answers to all the questions a client might throw at the agency - “what’s your POV on our competitor’s new campaign? - “how should we wade into a new market?” - “what does this segmentation study tell us?” You are tasked with making the agency look smart.
- Technical Execution & Thought Leadership - Prolific output of trend reports, research report summaries, competitive reviews, developing creative briefs - you’re putting out a lot of documents for the team.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Ability to analyze large data sets and pull out the key insights
- A fast yet thoughtful work ethic
- A creative thinker who loves to brainstorm + collaborate
- A team player who can also work independently
- Strong analytical thinking. Must be able to produce data-driven strategies.
- Background knowledge of major and emerging social channels, and a true passion for the social
- media marketing space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present ideas and information clearly; keen eye for detail also required.
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse, talented team.
Internship applications will be accepted through April 30, 2021. Internships will take place for 8 weeks from June to July, 2021.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.