Brand Management Intern
- 5 Crosby St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
The Brand Management team at Pereira O’Dell sets the vision for how we transform the brands and the businesses we work on. They are the stewards of our multidisciplinary approach and of the process. They keep us driving toward the desired shifts and outcomes we set out to achieve.
The Brand Management Intern is responsible for assisting Brand Managers and Supervisors with the day-to-day operation of their accounts within the agency. Excellent organizational skills are required to both keep abreast of the current market and to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Effective communication and presentation skills are necessary to work effectively and keep projects “on-track.”
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strong business acumen - Be indoctrinated into the brands that you work on. Curiously pursue information in relevant industries.
- Brand stewardship - Gate keeper of the details — brand history, previous client feedback/watch outs, needs. Assist with competitive tracking and sharing out of industry-related information to foster a more informed team. Know the briefs; be the champion of your project needs for your team.
- Account operations - Assist Brand Manager or Supervisor with the following responsibilities: working with Finance to open, track and reconcile jobs. Manage talent-related details. Awareness of all project key documents and where to find them.
- Project & process management - Support Brand team and working in partnership with Project Management in driving projects and begin to lead smaller projects, working with other departments. Create and maintain schedules and status reports that clearly outline next steps, overall timing, expectations for upcoming meetings.
- Agency culture & vision - Actively engages in agency discussions to create a positive agency environment. Creates space for and champions a diverse, inclusive and equitable agency experience, ensuring a breadth and depth of voices are considered in all stages of the creative process.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills; a “people person”
- Keen interest in the marketing, advertising and communications industry and staying up on industry best practices and campaigns
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proactive, willingness to learn and “go the extra mile”
Internship applications will be accepted through April 30, 2021. Internships will take place for 8 weeks from June to July, 2021.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.