Employee Services Manager
- 1265 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
The Employee Services Manager, in partnership with the Employee Services team and Finance, is responsible for the creation and refinement of compliance-related workforce plans required to support the agency’s Future of Work and overall Employee Services and Payroll functions. Areas of focus include people-related compliance matters, payroll and tax administration, leave of absence administration, immigration, safety and security, reporting, and human resources systems management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communicate, educate, and provide guidance to the Employee Services team, Finance, and the COO/CFO on people-related compliance and regulations
- Maintain comprehensive federal/state/local compliance procedures, which includes wage & hour, meal periods, leaves of absences, pay, and tax administration. This includes maintaining the policies in our employee handbook
- Establish or refine COVID-19 policies and procedures, including being the point person on overseeing the office management app, Envoy, and ensuring usage and compliance with COVID-19 related policies
- Manage multi-state payroll administration, including on-cycle and off-cycle payroll processing, review and ensure accuracy of timesheets for non-exempts, registering in new states where employees live/relocate to, wage garnishments and payments, and resolving employee payroll issues and questions
- Ensure payroll tax payments are in compliance with federal, state, and local tax laws
- Partner with the Director of Employee Services to administer the leave of absence and reasonable accommodation process
- In collaboration with the talent director and hiring managers, coordinate securing immigration visas with our outside immigration firm. This includes working with a potential new employee on gathering data and documents to secure a new visa, coordinating extensions of current visa petitions with employees, and communicating immigration changes that impact our foreign nationals
- Manage safety and security, including workers’ compensation plan and claims, maintaining the safety plan, and be the lead and oversee the safety committee
- Stay abreast of developments in federal, state, and local labor and safety laws. This includes maintaining labor law postings and notices
- Identify areas of risk in compliance audits, which may include onboarding of new employees, leave management, and pay practices
- Complete various compliance reporting, including EEO-1, CA pay data, OSHA, ACA, CMS, etc.
- Compile and analyze internal reporting and metrics, including turnover, headcount, DEI, and other custom reports
- Work with our external auditors and the Employee Services team to conduct our annual 401(k) audit
- Maintain and improve our HR data information systems and reporting infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience in HR compliance, multi-state payroll, and tax administration
- Experience working for an advertising agency a plus
- Strong working knowledge of federal labor laws required, CA and NY state laws a plus
- Familiarity with immigration visas, O-1 visas also a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a high attention to detail and a collaborative nature
- Experience with people analytics and metrics a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using ADP a plus
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.