- 1265 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a full-service agency with offices in New York and San Francisco and is recognized as one of the most innovative and creative firms in advertising. Our client work has won 3 Emmys, hundreds of advertising awards and has been made into two feature films. The agency has been named to Ad Age A-List multiple times and was named by Fast Company as one the 10 most innovative companies in advertising. Pereira O’Dell’s client roster includes MINI Cooper, Adobe, General Mills, ABInBev, Zelle, Timberland, Fifth Third Bank, Intel, The Cheesecake Factory, Rakuten and The Central Park Conservancy.
BarrelHouse Productions is an in-house creative production studio with the award-winning advertising agency Pereira O'Dell.
We're looking for a full-time creative video editor (junior-mid) to join our team.
As video editor at BarrelHouse, you would get to work in-step with our agency creatives and clients to create commercials, social content, branded entertainment, case studies, new business films, and more. We expect our editors to take ownership over their projects and bring their own creative flair to enhance the creative ideas, while also being great collaborators!
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for storytelling. Someone that is eager to keep advancing in their craft and stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques when it comes to video editing. Your reel should reflect proficiency across genres, styles & mediums.
- Edit video for commercial spots, social content, docu-style shorts, pitch films, agency reels & case studies
- Deliver award-winning work and inspire team members through collaborative creative ideas, then switch gears to a support role or more mundane deliverables
- Collaborate with directors, creative teams, and producers in developing stories for a wide range of editorial projects
- Deliver successful editorial solutions on-brief and on-time
- Learn new skills and stay up to date on technical and digital video developments
- Participate in late night and weekend work assignments, when required by a demanding project deadline
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills. Able to work on several projects at once, some with demanding deadlines.
- 2−3 years experience working as a Video Editor or related production role
- Experience working in an advertising/commercial capacity
- A degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or other moving image-related field is preferred.
- Reel of work that shows diversity of creative experience to date
- High-level skills in editing software, specifically the Adobe suite: Premiere, After Effects, etc. (Skills in FCP, Resolve, AVID, and other related software is a plus)
- Knowledge in sound design and audio mixing is a bonus
- Must be open to working bi-coastal time zones
- This role is client facing, interpersonal skills are necessary
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.