Director of Business Affairs
- 1265 Battery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Pereira O’Dell is a fiercely independent, bi-coastal advertising agency with offices in San Francisco and New York. Over the past ten years, the agency has developed business-driving, award-winning work for clients such as MINI, Adobe, Coca-Cola, realtor.com, Timberland, General Mills, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Rover.com, AdCouncil and more. Recognition includes World’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in Advertising (Fast Company), 14 Most Influential Agencies (Forbes), and has been awarded by the Cannes Lions, Effies, Clios, Emmy’s and The One Show. Beyond deep advertising capabilities, Pereira O’Dell has pioneered the branded entertainment space with Intel’s ‘The Beauty Inside’ series, Netscout’s ‘Lo and Behold’ documentary featuring Werner Herzog now streaming on Netflix, among others. This blend of marketing, advertising and entertainment expertise brings a fresh approach to the industry.
- Leads all the business and legal affairs for content production for broadcast, print, internet, new media, and influencer campaigns for all offices.
- Manages all network and legal clearances including trademark preliminary searches, coordinating final searches with external legal counsel, negotiating music licenses, stock footage use reviews legal documents provided by the client, and provides documentation for claims or disputes.
- Collaborates with producers and account teams to ensure the agency is in compliance with client-specific policies and procedures. Review creative and identify any potential issues per legal, FTC, claims substantiations, and network/platform guidelines.
- Negotiates and drafts agreements for celebrity talent, both union and nonunion, influencers, musicians, and other rights protected properties.
- Represents the agency in negotiations and communication with third party legal, talent agencies, union reps, and property licensors.
- Prepares and processes all production contracts and invoices for broadcast productions, content, and social videos.
- Informs the brand management team on the costs of the talent and licenses, usage, and creates estimates and POs.
- Prepares and handles production wrap insurance.
- Prepares transfer of rights documents for all broadcast materials.
- Oversees all filing of business affairs/legal documents and production estimates, talent agreements, and other production legal agreements.
- Manages talent and traffic, oversees staffing in these areas (as needed), and processes reviews.
- Travels to production shoots as necessary.
- Conducts internal training and agency updates on business affairs, and legal updates relating to IP, trademarks, social posts, licensing and talent negotiations.
Direct reports & supervisory responsibilities:
- Supervise the Business Affairs Manager
- BS/BA degree
- 8-10 years experience
- Extensive experience in legal and business affairs and agreements
- Internal client or external agency experience
- Talent negotiation and licensing background
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Pereira O'Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the US Federal E-Verify program. At this time, we are not accepting resumes or candidates from third-party vendors.