Veterinarian (Theriogenologist / Repro) @ Josey Ranch Pet Hospital
- Carrollton, TX, USA
- Locations: Carrollton, TX
We are wild about people that share a love for animals! Join our paw-some group of veterinary professionals as a Veterinary Theriogenologist!
Veterinarians of all experience levels are encouraged to apply (including recent DVM Graduates) as strong mentorship in canine reproduction will be provided.
**Sign-On Bonus / Relocation Support Offered**
Josey Ranch Pet Hospital is located in Carrollton, Texas, just north of the Dallas metro area and is the premier reproduction hospital in North Texas! We are a six doctor, AAHA accredited practice offering full general medicine and surgical cases but our primary focus is canine reproduction. We are currently enlarging the practice to accommodate the growing repro portion of our hospital. We have a few feline breeders, however the canine cases grow daily!
Dr. Kirk Esmond has spent his 34-year career promoting and building Josey Ranch Pet Hospital into one of the largest canine repro practices in the country. Last year we bred over 650 bitches and performed over 325 C-sections! We are one of the top two largest semen freezing centers for Zoetis and Dr. Esmond is the national trainer for Zoetis for all new semen freezing centers in the country. This unique opportunity offers mentorship from Dr. Esmond and collaboration with the rest of the veterinary team with the opportunity to create a flexible schedule that will allow for almost limitless professional growth!
- DVM/VMD degree from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Certification, experience, or interest in canine reproduction
- Experienced veterinarian or recent veterinarian graduate ready to provide passionate care
- Active, non-restricted license (or ability to obtain) in the state of Texas
- Proficient in performing general surgical and dental procedures as well is strongly preferred
- Committed to ongoing personal education and assist in leading the development of others
- Be the most trusted partner in pet care using strong communication and interpersonal skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy that makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do. Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement $1,500 + a $5,000 CE Bonus on your 5th year work anniversary
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Employer-Sponsored Health and Welfare Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and many more
- Personal Liability Insurance Coverage & AVMA Membership
- Pet Care Discount
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
People Pets & Vets is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its programs, and activities.