Principal Technical Producer (Online Services)
- Project: Framework
- Department: Production
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, Ireland, US, and Canada and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
We aim to build incredible products and services that support, through deep collaboration, delivery of our portfolio of games. In this role, you’ll be leading the creation and development of our Game Online Services platform, in a central technology and center of excellence group. This involves coordinating efforts between multiple engineering teams and design, working closely with stakeholders on product development, and integration of third party solutions into our own technology stack. For those with a background in both web tools and service architecture, and a passion for games, this will be an incredibly exciting and rewarding role!
- Collaborate with key project leaders to dissect the project’s vision into the exact deliverables, define execution strategy and success metrics; develop and drive plans to execute against Milestones and key deliverables
- Set up team organization and define and implement processes, practices and workflows to enable the team to deliver high quality work on schedule and within budget
- Determine the resources needed to meet the production schedule and quality requirements and play an active role in hiring and recruiting.
- Help identify candidates, perform remote interviews, set onsite agendas, and assist in the final decision-making process Drive day-to-day backlog execution, review sprint results, adjust production schedules
- Review Design and Technical Design Documents for the project to identify foreseeable issues/concerns and to provide recommendations where appropriate
- Set goals and priorities that help teams focus on the critical few: filters issues based on a clear understanding of project strategies, priorities, resources, and objectives
- Solve problems of all types as they arise and find creative and effective solutions which achieve measurable results
- Support Implementation and usage of PCF’s Development Framework in the project
- Establish systematic information channels about the project status updates for the team and key stakeholders
- Work closely with discipline leads to determine outsourcing needs and pipelines, and craft Statement of Work to ensure on time and quality delivery
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop production staff to ensure growth, expand the talent base and build a succession bench Lead a team of Producers dedicated to the project
- 10+ years of experience in the gaming industry with experience building AAA PC/console games
- 4+ years of experience delivering AAA games as a Lead Producer, Executive Producer or Development Director Proven AAA Shooter development leadership experience for successful titles is preferred Proven ability to communicate effectively with any member of development team (Production, Art, Engineering, Audio)
- Expert level experience in game product development, across all major disciplines, including technology, design, art, UI and QA through all phases of development from concept to production, launch and live game support
- Deep knowledge of production tools and strong capabilities in project management software (e.g., MS Office Suite, Jira/G-Suite, Confluence, etc)
- Expertise building games using a distributed development framework
- Capable of balancing a project’s creative and visual requirements within schedule, budget and staff limitations
- A cool-headed, diplomatic leader able to maintain critical confidentially and to have crucial, and at times, sensitive, conversations
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or higher education degree; experience with large-scale development using UE4 & UE5
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.