Senior UI Programmer - AAA Project - Remote
- Project: Bifrost
- Department: Code
- Location: UK, Newcastle (Remote/Hybrid)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Bifrost is a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
- Collaborate with artists, designers and gameplay developers to work on cutting-edge features, improving player experience.
- Work closely with other UI developers and game designers to organize effective prototyping process.
- Polish UI prototypes to AAA level with attention to detail, especially with compliance, accessibility and layout.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Test, debug, profile and optimize implementations.
- Create design documentation according to Team Standards.
- Actively attend to code review.
- Design and implement new UI systems, and iterate on existing ones.
- At least 6 years C++ programming experience
- Knowledge and experience of Unreal Engine 4
- Must have 6 years experience with developing and testing UI features across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of rendering, threading, networking and other systems impacting quality and performance
- Understanding of UMG optimization techniques
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Knowledge of design relating to user-interface and ergonomics
- Shipped AAA title experience
- JIRA, Swarm and Perforce Knowledge
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.