Senior Data Engineer
- Project: Back Office
- Department: Publishing
- Location: IE, Dublin (Remote/Hybrid)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
People Can Fly is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Game Analytics team focused on building a cutting-edge game analytics platform and tools to better understand our players and enhance their experience in our games.
As a Senior Data Engineer at People Can Fly, you will design and develop data systems that scale with our games. You will learn the nuance of data from various systems (client telemetry, gameplay, etc.) and transform that raw data into actionable insights. You will work daily with analysts, game designers, and game engineers to understand how we can build experiences that our players want.
You will drive development of two out of three Game Analytics cornerstones; Tracking and Reporting. In addition, you will develop and implement KPI dashboards to provide strategic and operational support for the entire business.
The data, dashboards, models, and reports produced and curated by Game Analytics Team are critical to the product teams, enabling them to understand our players’ needs and where the enjoyment and pain points lie.
- Work with product owners and tech leads to implement high-quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Partner with our analytics teams to build tools that provide actionable insights into key business metrics and optimized solutions for their data needs.
- Develop relationships with members of the game team to understand and shape the data emitted from the game.
- Build efficient data models that allow faster data processing and transformations at scale.
- Build API integrations with our internal systems and third-party data sources.
- Gather requirements and translate them into clean code and data warehouse design.
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, and engineers.
- Leverage your strong communication skills and experience working with global teams to be an evangelist for data engineering across the organization.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations.
- 3+ years of experience working with video game analytics (i.e you are familiar with how key metrics such as DAU, MAU and retention rates are computed in an ETL).
- Strong background in SQL, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence.
- The ability to leverage new technologies to test, build, and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets.
- Strong knowledge in a variety of data engines (for example, Snowflake, SQL Server, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Redshift).
- A solid understanding of dimensional modeling is required.
- Experience with data reporting tools (e.g., Tableau), data cataloging tools (e.g., Alation) and data logging/monitoring tools (e.g., Datadog) is preferred.
- Experience developing and managing data warehouses on a terabyte scale.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.