- Project: Undisclosed VR IP
- Department: Art
- Location: PL, Katowice (Remote/Hybrid)
Founded in 2012, Incuvo is a studio of over 80 individuals working from Poland, Katowice. We have established our position worldwide in the VR games area, developing such titles like Layers of Fear VR, Blair Witch VR and Green Hell VR. With over 10 years of experience in making games and being engaged in the VR technology since 2019, Incuvo is aiming to expand the genre even further and become one of the key developers of the growing VR market worldwide. We want to combine our expertise with the creativity and skills of ambitious professionals to work on the new generation of VR titles. Our team is currently working on Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of the game from People Can Fly studio’s portfolio and on further expansion of Green Hell VR.
The majority stakeholder of the studio is PCF Group S.A. (People Can Fly), a global independent AAA games developer and a Warsaw Stock Exchange public company. Founded in 2002, People Can Fly made its mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and its most recent game, Outriders. PCF is one of the leading Unreal Engine studios in the industry and operates in Poland, UK, US and Canada.
- Creating high-quality environment assets and devices suited technically and artistically for universe projection.
- Modeling and texturing high poly and low poly environment assets - Working with Tech Art to enhance the pipeline
- Ensuring the production and software pipeline is maintained and that deadlines are met
- Delivering R&D initiatives and pipeline and workflow enhancements
- Correcting bugs and reporting R&D case studies in a database
- Sharing information with less seasoned peers - Occasionally collaborating with the Lead on recruitment projects
- Two years of experience in all facets of the model development workflow (Model and texture realistic, modular, hard-surface, and organic set pieces and props for a variety of scenarios using all modern approaches).
- Expertise in industry-standard 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting software (Blender, Maya, Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Photoshop, or their equivalents)
- Expertise in producing high-quality creative/visual aesthetics and technical expertise
- Rapid adaptation to a given artistic style
- Capability to adapt to new styles, approaches, and workflows with minimal direction
- Proficient everyday utilization of PBR shaders and normal maps.
- Excellent knowledge of color theory
- Experience designing photorealistic environments, props, textures, and materials for next-generation console platforms
- Capability to provide examples of high-quality props and textures created for next-generation console games
- Capable of balancing art quality and game engine performance
- Open-minded team player mentality
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Devoted to playing and creating video games
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and stable employment
- Private health care
- Multisport card
- English language lessons
- Well located office in Katowice
- Flexible working hours
- Influence on project realization
- Experience gathered while working with world leaders of the industry
- Training and integration events
- Work with the use of the latest VR technology
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities