Senior VFX Artist
- Project: Maverick
- Department: Tech Art
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Maverick is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Microsoft. The game development involves our European and North American teams.
- Following the established vision of the game’s story and gameplay in process of VFX creation
- Creating ambient environment effects that enhance mood, tell a story, and make the world feel alive
- Working with the designers to create effects for scripted events and story moments
- Creating gameplay effects that make the world feel exciting, and that gives the player necessary gameplay feedback
- Working with the lighting department to create an atmosphere, a sense of depth in the scene, and to reinforce the color palette
- Creating high-fidelity effects for cinematics and marketing material
- Innovating new techniques for next-gen hardware, and work with the engineers to expand the VFX toolset
- Analyzing the scene for performance issues, and ensure all effects are built in the most efficient way possible
- Using every tool at your disposal to create effects for the game (traditional particles, pixel shaders and vertex shaders for animated materials, baked physics simulations, stock animation, etc.)
- Looking for feedback and direction after self-investigation
- 3+ years of professional experience as a VFX artist in game development
- A critical eye and a good feeling for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual effects
- Solid understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Experience with a variety of techniques and tools for creating VFX animation (standard particle systems, fluid sims, physics sims, etc.)
- Able to take direction and implement feedback
- Experience with UE tools for VFX creation (of any other similar engine tools)
- Experience in creating pixel and vertex shaders
- Good understanding of the constraints of real-time VFX
- Ability to create all source art needed for VFX (textures, geometry, flipbooks, normal maps, vector field textures, etc.)
- Desire and knowledge of how to push our effects and editing tools further
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- HLSL shader creation experience
- Texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting experience
- Shipped-title experien
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.