Senior Gameplay Programmer
- Project: Gemini
- Department: Code
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
- Developing and maintaining the tools and systems necessary for implementing gameplay features
- Prototyping new gameplay features
- Coding for complex gameplay mechanics
- Coding for level layout, event scripting, balancing, pacing, and tuning
- Testing, debugging, profiling and optimizing implementations
- Creating design documentation according to Team Standards
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Actively attending to code review
- At least 6+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- At least 1 shipped AAA project from start to finish with credits as a programmer
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Ability to work with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent skills in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation and gameplay code in general
- Experience with character scripting, animation blending and similar techniques
- Ability to diagnose problems and make quick and accurate decisions
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience working on consoles such as PS5 and Xbox Series X
- Unreal Engine 4 excellent knowledge
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Being able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Proficiency with Swarm and Perforce
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 5
- Experience with UE4 and UE5 engine development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.