Lead Environment Artist - Remote
- Project: Maverick
- Department: Art
- Location: UK, Newcastle (Remote/Hybrid)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, Ireland, US, and Canada and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
- Managing a team of artists, keeping the team on track and motivated
- Creating top notch 3d assets along with environment textures and parts of game environments
- Facilitating communication, providing feedback (incl. Technical Art Director, Art Director and Creative Director) and solving technical challenges
- Cooperating with different people from different departments to achieve a coherent look and feel for the whole game that assets are used in
- Developing new techniques that push the quality and performances we can achieve
- Working with graphics programmers and technical artists to support the development of new systems and techniques
- Providing artistic and technical feedback to external partners
- Working with production team on tasks assignment and a team schedule
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine
- 7+ years of experience in developing assets models as a Senior Asset Artist
- Experience in leading the team
- Shipped game title experience (credits in at least 2 AAA titles)
- Lead by example and hands-on style of management
- Full understanding of the asset art pipeline and to work with other departments to create efficiencies
- Ability to create photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials
- Ability to adapt to and innovate new styles and techniques
- Very good knowledge of industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, highpoly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents)
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for Games
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Shader programming experience is a plus
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Online Polish, English and French language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do