Senior Concept Artist - Environment
- Project: Gemini
- Department: Art
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
- Creating environments and ensure a consistent art style is maintained across the game
- Researching and collecting valuable visual reference material
- Providing feedback to less experienced peers
- Considering the gameplay implications of the design and the overall player experience
- Communicating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging concepts
- Occasionally supporting the hiring team in the recruitment process
- 5+ years of experience in Concept Art as an onsite artist in game development or 3D Animation
- Traditional art skills along with core graphic design competencies (composition and layout, typography, color, and light)
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Strong portfolio showcasing your concept art skills
- Good mechanical design skills
- Ability to show visual storytelling within an environment design
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Minimum 3 years of game dev work experience
- Ability to work with several development teams, while maintaining consistency of design
- English and/or Polish language skills (everyone in our studio speaks English, but Polish language skills are a plus)
Nice to Have
- Vector art creation (Flash, Illustrator)
- 3D software knowledge (Maya/Max/SketchUp)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.