- Project: Back Office
- Department: Legal
- Location: PL, Warsaw (On-site/Hybrid))
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Who You Are:
We are looking for a generalist medium-level Lawyer who will assist and support other members of the Legal Team in providing practical and comprehensive advice to People Can Fly group members (both Polish and those located in other jurisdictions such as UK, Ireland, US and Canada) on a range of legal and business matters related to internal organization and daily functioning of the Group, including: general corporate matters, civil-law contracts with external suppliers and service providers, HR area (recruitment, employment, relocations, employee benefits, incentive programs), administration and offices, financing (credits, loans, leasing), insurance, privacy and data processing.
Depending on the matters’ complexity, you will work independently or under the supervision of more senior members of our Legal Team and you will ultimately report to People Can Fly General Counsel.
You should bring open mind, solid legal knowledge and a strong work ethic. You should have the ability to cooperate with team members, to work with various teams across the organization as well as to operate independently. You should like developing, think logically and, occasionally, work well under pressure. Also, you should have good written, oral communication, and organizational skills.
We need a communicative, reliable and responsible person with attention to detail, ready to work hard on various legal topics, who understand deadlines. We don't expect you to know and understand everything right away, but we do expect you to want to learn it and develop your skills soon. Your tasks can range from large fancy projects to everyday and routine tasks, and we expect you to treat each project with the same going-forward approach.
What You’ll Do:
- Draft and review a range of legal documents (such as commercial terms and contracts, corporate documents, letters/statements in court and administrative proceedings, employment contracts, internal procedures and policies, ongoing correspondence etc.), in more complex matters under the supervision of more senior team members;
- Analyze business and legal conditions and the associated risks;
- Verify the compliance of legal documentation with internal policies, procedures and templates;
- Prepare legal analyses and research for the needs of ongoing projects;
- Monitor changes in the law applicable to the Group’s activities and organization;
- Support other members of the Legal Team in their ongoing projects and tasks. Cooperate with members of other teams to identify, analyze and deliver required legal support for the organization. Participate in internal team meetings as well as meetings with external contractors, as needed;
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes in People Can Fly Group;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Law master degree and the status of the attorneys-at law trainee at least (the last year of attorneys-at law training);
- 5+ yrs of general corporate and business law (preferably in the international law firm or in-house);
- Good working knowledge of civil and corporate laws. General knowledge of copyright and intellectual property issues may be an attitude;
- Legal drafting skills;
- Advanced English (both verbal and written).
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna)
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to
- In-company Polish and English language classes
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Flexible working hours
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work culture. PCF is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.