Senior Cloud Administrator
- Project: Back Office
- Department: IT
- Location: PL, Warsaw (On-site/Hybrid))
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
- Manage and maintain the organization's cloud infrastructure, ensuring its stability, security, and availability.
- Provision, configure, and monitor cloud resources, including virtual machines, storage, networking, and security services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and translate them into effective cloud solutions.
- Develop and implement cloud governance policies, best practices, and standards to ensure efficient utilization of cloud resources.
- Monitor system performance, analyze resource utilization, and identify optimization and cost reduction opportunities.
- Implement security measures and protocols to protect data and ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to the cloud infrastructure, working closely with vendors and support teams when necessary.
- Perform regular backups, disaster recovery planning, and testing to ensure business continuity in case of system failures or disruptions.
- Stay updated with the latest cloud technologies, trends, and best practices, and make recommendations for their adoption as appropriate.
- Mentor and guide junior cloud administrators, sharing knowledge and promoting continuous learning within the team.
- Collaborate with cloud architects and other stakeholders to design and implement new cloud solutions or enhancements to existing ones.
- Participate in capacity planning, scalability assessments, and performance-tuning activities to optimize the cloud infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a cloud administrator, with a strong focus on managing and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
(Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform as a plus)
- Proficiency in cloud administration tools, automation frameworks, and scripting languages.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, security principles, and system administration in a cloud environment.
- Experience with cloud and management tools for performance monitoring, log analysis, and resource optimization.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices, identity and access management (IAM), and data protection mechanisms.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Certifications such as AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator, or Google Cloud Certified - Associate Cloud Engineer is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the game dev industry is a plus.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.