Senior Environment Artist
- Project: Dagger
- Department: Art
- Location: CA, Montreal (Remote/Hybrid)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Dagger is a yet unannounced AAA action- adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
- Work closely with other level artists, designers and concept artists to build immersive, high quality environments.
- Create high quality environment assets suitable technically and artistically to the project universe
- Modeling and texturing environment assets. These can range from simple props to hero set-pieces.
- Collaborate on R&D initiatives and pipeline improvements
- General asset optimizations and bug fixing
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring peers
- 5 years of experience as an environment artist
- Advanced knowledge of current level art workflows and practices
- Portfolio showcasing AAA quality level art done in engine (Unreal, Unity or proprietary engine)
- Advanced skill level using industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting
- (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Painter, or their equivalents)
- Ability to quickly adapt to a specific art style
Nice to have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5
- Experience with Substance Designer
- Experience with Houdini
- Benefit package 100% paid by PCF. Insurance company reimburses 100% of claims (Up to $500 per service a year, as well as individual family coverage).
- Full Dental coverage, including major dental and orthodontics.
- 4% RRSP matching before tax deductions, 100% vested on day 1.
- Paid week off during Winter Holidays.
- 20 paid vacation days and 5 paid sick days.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses (up to 20%).
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.