Employee Experience Lead
- Department: People
- Location: CA, Montreal (On-site/Hybrid)
- Project: Back Office
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
Please note, this role is located in Montreal, all applicants must be located or interested in relocating to Montreal, Canada.
Who You Are:
Our executives have a shared belief that leadership comes from serving and improving the work experiences of our aviators.
As Global Employee Experience Lead, you will be responsible for leading our efforts to create, implement, and measure programs that impact employee experience and engagement. You will be at the forefront of assessing the employee, and business impact of employee experience programs.
At PCF, HR’s mission of delighting our aviators at every stage of the employee experience can only be achieved by enabling a culture where our people thrive. Building a culture where people thrive means continuing to listen to our employees so we can develop next-generation programs that positively impact our global team of 500+ aviators. This role will leverage your creativity and data/analytics skills in a fast-paced video games development company. You will check and monitor the pulse of the employee experience, ensuring aviators feel valued and interested in their work. You will also help to reshape the future of work across our globally connected workforce.
Travel is required for this position, up to 25%.
- Lead the strategy development and execution of employee experience programs across our operating locations in the US, UK, Canada, and Poland.
- Partner with PCF HR and business leaders to assess the business impact of employee experience programs.
- Measure employee engagement by listening to the voice of our employees through surveys during the employee career journey.
- Develop new best-in-class employee experience programs for our 500-plus global team of aviators.
- Manage a small internal events & communications team to ensure the strategies are consistent with brand and company values.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proven experience implementing employee experience programs, preferable at a global level.
- Demonstrated results in building relationships and working with cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated creativity and data/analytics skills to create and execute employee experience programs, assess problems, recommend, and implement solutions.
- Ability to lead and influence decisions based on data.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, seek clarity, and confirm objectives in ambiguous situations.
- Exceptional communication skills; comfortable presenting to groups; ability to network with diverse groups.
- Ability to travel between 11% to 25% of the time.
What we offer:
- Benefit package 100% paid by PCF. Insurance company reimburses 100% of claims (Up to $500 per service a year, as well as individual family coverage).
- Full Dental coverage, including major dental and orthodontics.
- 4% RRSP matching before tax deductions, 100% vested on day 1.
- Paid week off during Winter Holidays.
- 20 paid vacation days and 5 paid sick days.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.