- Department: Finance
- Location: CA, Montreal (Remote/Hybrid)
- Project: Back Office
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Supervision over full accounting of two legal entities registered in Canada;
- Accounting takeover from an external accounting service provider;
- Entering and booking of accounting documents, issuing sales invoices, maintenance of accounting registers, reconciliation of balances in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements of accounting and tax rules;
- Overseeing and introducing payments;
- Performing month, quarter and year closing;
- Preparation, analysis and explanation of financial statements;
- Preparation of the audit file, both for local and group purposes;
- Preparation of periodic reports, analyses and other reports as per the Group management’s requirements;
- Reconciliation of corporate credit cards;
- Participation in compiling and filling tax credits;
- Assistance in optimization and automatization of accounting processes and verification of proper flow of financial and accounting documents;
Project performance accounting:
- Control, reconciliation, and analysis of project costs, to ensure their monitoring and profitability;
- Participation in preparation of regular reports on project costs and revenues based on key performance indicators and identifying opportunities and risks;
- Analysis and presentation of cost and revenue projections for projects;
- Handling various ad-hoc finance-related tasks;
- Cooperation with HQ finance team, banks, auditor and other external parties;
- Relevant experience on an senior accounting-related position, 5 years of experience in a similar position (video game industry will be an asset);
- Fluent knowledge of current accounting and tax rules (essential);
- Deep knowledge of preparing and filling local refundable tax credits for media industry (essential);
- Project accounting background (essential);
- Experience in operating of accounting software (knowledge of Acomba will be an asset);
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially advanced grasp of Excel;
- Bilingual French/English (essential);
- Well-organised and used to working under strain and strict deadlines;
- Commitment to work, proactivity and readiness to cooperate;
What we offer:
- Benefit package 100% paid by PCF. Insurance company reimburses 100% of claims (Up to $500 per service a year, as well as individual family coverage).
- Full Dental coverage, including major dental and orthodontics.
- 4% RRSP matching before tax deductions, 100% vested on day 1.
- Paid week off during Winter Holidays.
- 20 paid vacation days and 5 paid sick days.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.